Newly Released Bikes General

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I like the fact that alternative methods are being sought.
Will people pay the premium for a little more environmentally friendly products, I doubt it.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Will people pay the premium for a little more environmentally friendly products, I doubt it.
Hope you are wrong. I would and do.Think solar panels , electric cars not everyone is making a net profit.
People dont just buy the cheapest stuff that works or else we would all be riding Giants and Polygons.
If the concept is marketed correctly and not just greenwashing.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Nothing really wrong w aluminium BTW if it is recycled . it is the most recycled product, its carbon I have a problem with.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Nothing really wrong w aluminium BTW if it is recycled . it is the most recycled product, its carbon I have a problem with.
Agreed. CF is offensive and unnecessary, especially in recreational use. Also agree that if I was ever considering a $3k wheelset (highly unlikely) I'd buy the nylon because it's recyclable. But aluminium for me 4LIFE I reckon.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Agreed. CF is offensive and unnecessary, especially in recreational use. Also agree that if I was ever considering a $3k wheelset (highly unlikely) I'd buy the nylon because it's recyclable. But aluminium for me 4LIFE I reckon.
I guess this is my point, the people lashing out on carbon wheels probably won't want no-name nylon wheels.
I'd wager that a large portion of people buying the carbon wheels are doing so because they think they have to

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Good times. Loved my Skyways, and my Z-Rims
You would have thought that they would have had a shot at the MTB market. I know some people hate composite wheels for a few reasons but worry about spoke tensions isn't one of them. I guess the dive of the BMX market hit them hard too.

Skyway also make wheelchair wheels now. I would shell out on MTB disc compatible tuff wheel in the classic black with gold hub flanges even if it ended up having 7 spokes or so.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
There will always be something special about a nice hand welded frame though.
Frank's still going. I just wouldn't know what to have him make anymore. A decent single pviot would be nice, or a knock off enduro version of a 2012 lapi dh920.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
One would need the MICA paramedics following, along with the SES on every trail. It would certainly make switchbacks interesting.