Found/Sold - 3 decent bikes and a garbage crankset

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I've got a few friends chasing bikes at the moment, figured I'd get rotorburn on the case.

Item: medium trail to am bike
Price range/Willing to Pay: $800 budget
Extra Info: this kid has aspirations for a $1500 bike, but dad feels otherwise. I know we can get something fairly nice for this money if we're looking at something older. 120-130mm Trail style probably preferred but I think 140-150mm travel could also work provided the suspension has lockouts or trail mode.

Item: medium trail to am bike, 27.5 and newish
Price range/Willing to Pay: $2500 budget
Extra Info: this kid's dad sees things a bit differently I pointed out hipsters lovely spider 275 but apparently it's too old, must be 2017 or newer. I think a trail oriented bike is preferred still, but he seems interested in bigger travel bikes too so open to other stuff.

Item: large slack xc to trail bike, 29 or 27.5
Price range/Willing to Pay: $1200 budget
Extra Info: this fella won't be getting super rowdy so big travel would be wasted on him. Something in a 120mm ish 29er would be perfect.

Item: cheap, nasty 104bcd crankset and bb
Price range/Willing to Pay: $20
Extra Info: for a bike for getting to school on. Just want something nasty looking so it's less of a theft target. Square taper, octalink, Isis, as long as it looks garbage and can go single ring, I'm in

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There's a medium 2017 Strive for sale on Facebook that would suit bike 2 pretty well. Seller is in WA but you could probably sort something out with postage. That vintage of STrive seems to be popping up a bit at the moment so you might be able to fins something similar a bit closer to home

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
No. 2 2017 gt sanction Pro medium size. Can fit new rotors, pads, cassette and chain for his budget. Dartmoor bars, renthal stem, dartmoor pedals and offset bushings for 64HA. Ridden twice this year sadly.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
@Plankosaurus, I have a square taper crankset sans BB you can have. You wouldn't happen to have a used (still working) hollowtech BB to swap for it?
I have still working, but kinda crunchy. I think goose has an Isis one still now that I think about it though so I might chase him up.

I just don't wanna use the decent slx set on this bike if I can help it

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
No. 2 2017 gt sanction Pro medium size. Can fit new rotors, pads, cassette and chain for his budget. Dartmoor bars, renthal stem, dartmoor pedals and offset bushings for 64HA. Ridden twice this year sadly.
Have you got a photo I can pass along?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
There's a medium 2017 Strive for sale on Facebook that would suit bike 2 pretty well. Seller is in WA but you could probably sort something out with postage. That vintage of STrive seems to be popping up a bit at the moment so you might be able to fins something similar a bit closer to home
Thanks, but I reckon I'll avoid the postal bike if I can help it. There should be a decent number of bikes reasonably local at that price point I'd think. Couldn't be that far off retail for a mid range bike right?

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks, but I reckon I'll avoid the postal bike if I can help it. There should be a decent number of bikes reasonably local at that price point I'd think. Couldn't be that far off retail for a mid range bike right?

Not sure why, but I always used the Giant Rance as a fair reflection for what an 'all mountain' bike should be costing, but a quick google shows they are now nearly $3k for the base model!
Agree that you should be able to find something local and very decent at that price point, just might take a bit of digging unless a Burner can come up with the goods