Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm less optimistic of his chances. Maybe I'm jaded by the last election here. I think he is too left for them.

moorey

call me Mia
I'm less optimistic of his chances. Maybe I'm jaded by the last election here. I think he is too left for them.
No centrist is going to beat Trump. Sanders, and Warrens (before she got cold feet) policies are even popular with most Republicans.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Bernie will win the most delegate, but unfortunately the DNC has already stated they will nominate an establishment candidate instead, handing Trump another term. If Bernie gets over 49%, which is a big ask, they can’t do that, as I understand.
If he does, he will beat Trump. Most independents have already heard and seen through the propaganda.
The electoral college will stomp on Bernie if he runs. The USA isn't a democracy, it's a 3-ring circus. Ask Hillary.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Bernie will win the most delegate, but unfortunately the DNC has already stated they will nominate an establishment candidate instead, handing Trump another term. If Bernie gets over 49%, which is a big ask, they can’t do that, as I understand.
If he does, he will beat Trump. Most independents have already heard and seen through the propaganda.
That's the same blind bubble bollocks that gave the UK Jeremy Corbyn as a contender and look how that turned out!
Sanders stands a very good chance of winning the nomination given the split vote between the centrist candidates but he'll get demolished in a national poll. The only hope he's got is if the coronavirus wipes out a large proportion of senior citizens over the next few months but even then it'd be Sod's Law that the bloody thing will ease off in the US / Northern Hemisphere in general over the summer months and Trump will claim sole responsibility for vanquishing the virus.

moorey

call me Mia
Jokes aside, the corona virus could help Trumps numbers. It’s going to have more effect on cities and urban areas. What if it’s still impacting people’s willingness to gather in public places...like a busy polling place for example.
Disagrees on Bernie getting slaughtered in a general election BTW. :)

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Jokes aside, the corona virus could help Trumps numbers. It’s going to have more effect on cities and urban areas. What if it’s still impacting people’s willingness to gather in public places...like a busy polling place for example.
Agree on the spread - particularly given that there's no such thing as public transport in rural and suburban America although Trump rallies and evangelical church congregations would an ideal place for it to run rampant!

FigBo0T

Agreed. Hillary won the vote, and those voters still don't want Trump.

The vaccine is being distributed.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Mayor Pete's just dropped out.
That leaves Sanders, Biden, Bloomberg, Warren, Klobuchar and Gabbard.
I'm surprised to see Gabbard still in it. I thought she dropped out months ago.

gillyske

Likes Dirt
Biden can't beat trump. Bloomberg is trump.
Klobuchar and Gabbard, centerist and unappealing.

The best chance the democrats have in beating trump is with either Sanders, Bloomberg or Warren.
Bloomberg would turn the part into essentially a center right party with a stronger empathsis on neoliberalism.
Sanders would keep the party as a leftist option with a clearer distinction from the GOP than the other candidates, the democrats would very clearly have an identity again under Sanders and it might even give a similiar sense of hope to Obama's presidency.

But this is America so I reckon Bloomberg's got this and we're in for another 4 years of trump.

moorey

call me Mia
Bloomberg is dead in the water. When he stops paying people to pretend to promote him, he will return to irrelevance.
You're right that he is Trump though...his racism and sexual harassment cases won’t be ignored (unlike Trumps)
Trump wants to run against Bernie....good....he underestimates his own unpopularity, and Bernies appeal to youth, minorities and independents.

gillyske

Likes Dirt
Bloomberg is dead in the water. When he stops paying people to pretend to promote him, he will return to irrelevance.
You're right that he is Trump though...his racism and sexual harassment cases won’t be ignored (unlike Trumps)
Trump wants to run against Bernie....good....he underestimates his own unpopularity, and Bernies appeal to youth, minorities and independents.
Actually I think trump would want to run against Warren.

Warren is basically a stern, mother style of personality, she will call trump out on his bs and confront him directly in debates.
This is exactly what Trump wants, he will just lie about everything and down play her like she is on her rags just like he did to Hilary.
He'll wipe the floor with her through a haze of confusion and bravado. His fan base will eat it up and the news will report on Warren like she is 'playing the blame game' or finger pointing etc, doesn't have a real platform etc.

Bernie v Trump? I dunno how that will go down. It'll be a classic working class v upper class battle.

moorey

call me Mia
I think you underestimate Warren TBH. She’s more likely to call him out than most. As I said recently though, she’s softened her stance, and it’s hurting her badly.
Bernie only really attacks when he’s attacked. It’s starting to come strong and fast. I reckon he’s able to defend himself well....but the DNC are doing everything possible to help Trump white-ant him, and won’t defend him when shit gets real.

FigBo0T

He has confidence in the electoral college. That's why Bernie is his preference.