COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I do run into the odd sock on the side of the trails, never been keen to get too close but I've had to stop for a bush poo a few times and a handful of dried grass works a treat.
Similar event playing golf early one morning. Clubhouse crappers were still locked and I had a curry infused grog bog that wasn’t going to last 9 holes. Ducked into the bushes and modelled a miniature Mt. Fuji better than Henry Moore could. No paper unfortunately, but a drainage channel full of runoff from recent showers made the perfect bidet.

Not sure how a dude dipping his pale white arse into a ditch would have looked to the dog walkers at 5am, but I was purged and played through instead of following through. Golf bag now has an emergency roll in it, which might come in handy given the present shortage.

binner

Hath shat hymself
Annoyingly I actually need to buy some toilet paper for normal-person-buying-toilet-paper reasons, and the shelves are empty just like in the pictures.

Going to start hoarding the leaves in my backyard before they come for those too.
Bannana leaf is the best

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not sure how a dude dipping his pale white arse into a ditch would have looked to the dog walkers at 5am
I'd imagine to the right type of dog walker this could've looked rather enticing. They probably didn't have their dog with them at the time...possible they were well purged afterwards too

Get some wet ones (or similar other branded product) for those sorts of emergencies. More discrete in your bag and the added bonus of being able to clean your hands with them afterwards as well. You don't want to be carrying all those poor particles around on your hands all day. And neither do other people!

MarioM

Likes Dirt
My missus works for Woolies and Kimberley Clark who supply the aussie stuff like kleenex etc say their warehouse is full and that they will also restart production in an Adelaide factory they still have so there`ll be no shortage . Her store has been pillaged the last couple days with people even coming down from Sydney to buy . Canned goods as well . People yelling abuse and taking shit out of other peoples trolleys as well . I`d say someone will end up getting killed if people don`t pull their heads in . What the fuck is gonna happen in a month ? Martial law ?

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
I dont where it started but it is a form of hysteria perpetuated by dumb dumbs on social media .
Queueing for scarce goods was a feature of communist countries and maybe its the migrants from those that started it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...and a little of the constant media of "wow this shit is selling fast!" Doesn't help. People don't read much past the first 4-6 lines. You don't need to say "buy this shit or miss out!" Just that it's happening. Burry the "nothing to fear. Heaps in stock." Further on the story and wipe your hands of responsibility.

I suspect most of the migrants rowdy is referring too are mostly too old or no longer making purchases to really have that kind of impact. Maybe their kids..? Big leap though so I propose it is survivors of the Weimar republic.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I just want work to send me home for two weeks... I have a car to reassemble and lot of riding to do and netflix to watch and beer to drink. Its the least I can do :)
Young bloke turned up to work yesterday. He'd just had a couple of weeks in the Philippines visiting family.
Higher Ups were notified and he was marched off before lunch.
Go home for two weeks... or until we contact you.
They ain't takin no chances here.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I dont where it started but it is a form of hysteria perpetuated by dumb dumbs on social media .
Queueing for scarce goods was a feature of communist countries and maybe its the migrants from those that started it.
The 2 fat white guys at Costco looked about as Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi as they get. I don't think this hysteria has anything to do with communism or migrants Mr Bolt I think it has to do with the general public getting it's news from computer algorithms that perpetuate sensationalism.