COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

MarioM

Likes Dirt
The other crazy thing that will happen according to Woolies is that the result of fires / floods taking out a lot of our crops mean fresh fruit and veges will become scarce . Will people go for the frozen foods that come out of China via NZ and then on to us or will it cause fear - eat the stuff that comes from China and we`re likely to get infected type of scenario ?

Flow-Rider

Burner
I bet most migrants from those type of countries wouldn't hold high value in dunny rolls, maybe food yes. I think it's just stupidity of selfish people.

MarioM

Likes Dirt
The 2 fat white guys at Costco looked about as Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi as they get. I don't think this hysteria has anything to do with communism or migrants Mr Bolt I think it has to do with the general public getting it's news from computer algorithms that perpetuate sensationalism.
Yeah , I saw that pic as well . Who`d a thought bog roll would cause a worldwide panic . Its bigger than Covid . What shall we name it ?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Young bloke turned up to work yesterday. He'd just had a couple of weeks in the Philippines visiting family.
Higher Ups were notified and he was marched off before lunch.
Go home for two weeks... or until we contact you.
They ain't takin no chances here.
I'd say he's got more chance of catching it in Australia tbh. The Philippines has had just 3 confirmed cases out of a population of 109 million whereas we've got 39 out of 25 million.

Of course, there's likely not much in the way of tests happening in the Philippines but given the population density of Metro Manila and the poorer sanitation and close-quarter living across the country it should have spread like wild-fire with hundreds of serious and fatal cases showing up at hospital doorsteps but it hasn't so far. Same goes for most tropical countries - Singapore and Taiwan are both densely populated countries with high numbers of people that were regularly transiting to and from China before the lock-down yet they're showing relatively few cases in spite of rigorous testing regimes in both countries.

Of course, there are plenty other kinds of infection you can pick up in the Philippines but this is a family show...

binner

Hath shat hymself
^^^^wow....just wow....
why the rush on dunny rolls?...what about sanitary goods, what about firelighters, what about wind up radios, flares,small arms,razor wire.....the list goes on of more important things than freakin bog roll :p:D

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bunbury WA sheeple have been pillaging the dunny paper shelves of local supermarkets and this arvo I heard a rumour of people driving the 180km from Perth to get some ! FFS.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Pleasingly there was plenty of toilet paper at the local IGA, which I’m choosing to interpret as evidence that I live in a smart area.

I’ll keep schtum.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
"Ah, Ma. Yeah, I ah, run outta bog-roll and can't leave the house coz a that beer-flu. Could you grab us some an drop it in the carport? Don't come in the house, youz'll get crook too"

How fucking hard is that?

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
I went to Aldi today. No toilet paper, paper towels, or tissues. Overheard a staff member telling another it will be rationed when stock comes in.

Attachments

binner

Hath shat hymself
...because I live with a bunch of girls, yep 2 daughters, missus and a female dog we go thru a massive amount of dunny rolls so I use these guys for dunny rolls, delivered to your door carton at a time. Not that I'm getting drawn into the mayhem but this household is all good on the dunny roll front, as a matter of fact the next carton arrives this week....... winning, where's my beer......
uber needs to get on this quick, pooroll delivery to yr door

Attachments

tobbogonist

a registered member
Three weeks ago at work we had a 4 pack of bamboo toilet paper go on clearance and drop to 4 dollars each (why we had toilet paper in the first place is unclear), I walked around a pallet of them all day waiting for the call that the shelf was empty, nothing came. They sat there.
The next morning I walked past the wall of rolls and scanned a pack out of curiosity.. 50 cents. About 2 hours later the call came through, bring out more toilet paper.
There was no more toilet paper. Well not for sale anymore, it was all in my boot.
Due to a few unexpectedly busy weekends there is still about 20 packs in the boot visible through the window, a stern looking bearded man caught sight of them today as i was getting out of my car and called me a stupid idiot among other things.. I couldnt be bothered explaining myself so I grabbed pack and handed it to him, telling him he would thank me later... he refused to take it.
Can't bloody win.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Fucking humans...
That's been on a repeated loop in my mind for the last day. Every fucking time I raise my hopes that as a collective we are capable of more than succumbing to fear, hypocondria, laziness, greed and sheer cunting stupidity the bar just gets dropped a little lower - or in the case of this panic buying bullshit the bar has plummeted and impaled the earth's core.

Our politicians must be watching this and mentally recalibrating just how much they'll be able to manipulate us in the future. Their feeble imaginations were no match for the evidence currently being amply presented to them.

Onto slightly more constructive contributions: I'd like to know why Iran is suffering such a hideous contagion when neighbouring nations (Iraq, Afghanistan, UAE etc. etc.) are reporting cases in the double figures. Unavailable data? Dodgy reporting? Tin foil hat time? What?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
...because I live with a bunch of girls, yep 2 daughters, missus and a female dog we go thru a massive amount of dunny rolls so I use these guys for dunny rolls, delivered to your door carton at a time. Not that I'm getting drawn into the mayhem but this household is all good on the dunny roll front, as a matter of fact the next carton arrives this week....... winning, where's my beer......
uber needs to get on this quick, pooroll delivery to yr door
Uberwipes

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
No flour at the supermarket, presumably being bought to make bread in the apocalypse. Plenty of bread on the shelves though.......