The Chilli Thread!

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Having another crack at growing some chillis. It started out as growing some habs from seed, then saw some semi mature ones at old Bunnings and bought them too and 2 xghost 2xrocoto which I don't really like the taste of but haven't seen outside of Peru. Plus they grow tall so thought it might be interesting. Also bought a semi mature jalapeno which I've already pickled the entire crop of. Was delicious! Now have 100+ hab seedlings if anyone in Bris wants any (only half are caged from possums). Other random birdseye chillis at bottom are a few seasons old and barely worth mentioning, but threateningly to live again.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My two ghosts are huge plants now, maybe two large and spindly, but despite many buds and flowers very little fruit. Not dropping flowers that I can see, are they just super slow growing?

safreek

My two ghosts are huge plants now, maybe two large and spindly, but despite many buds and flowers very little fruit. Not dropping flowers that I can see, are they just super slow growing?
Do you have much of a bee population around there, my chilies have had bulk flowers but has only produced about a dozen fruit, the bees have shot through or died.
Last year I saw some bees around and had mucho chillies.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I grew them a couple of times with pretty crap results. Yours sound just like mine, all I got was maybe a dozen small fruit of large spindly plants.

i

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmmm, good q but I think bees are ok, I can see & gear them in the morning but not like in the past. Other veg and fruits sprouting and fruiting, habs are going gangbusters right beside them, as are other varieties. But the ghosts, just doing their thing I guess. Shame, I had high hopes.

stirk

Burner
Nice work. Our chilis plants are empty now - used their fruits already :)
Mine are just hitting their peak.

I've got habs, jalapenos, Thai Green and Red and my favourite the African/Zimbabwe bird's eye which pack a nice short heat.

The jalapenos have no heat at all so not sure I'm treating them right.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Mine are just hitting their peak.

I've got habs, jalapenos, Thai Green and Red and my favourite the African/Zimbabwe bird's eye which pack a nice short heat.

The jalapenos have no heat at all so not sure I'm treating them right.
I don't like them too hot. Hot enough to be tasty but I don't need any Carolina Reaper heat or anything. Saying that, we just have the standard Viet Birds Eye chilis and those have enough bite to do me. Jalapenos are just tasty.