What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I have a way with women...they seem to trust me with their kids but fear being near me in the anywhere "fuck off freak!!!"
You must have a way with them.

I'd be like 'Officer, it is public place and skating ain't a crime.......do I get my one phone call now'

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Did a bike swap today and a loop of the lower northern less occupied bits of Stromlo. It's large so I was showing a lot of post but God damn what a nice bike, 2018 RM Altitude top of the line cf model with custom bits. It's ex a race dude who is in the industry and gets looked after, has a prototype Bontrager rear tyre!

I noticed right away I have too much air in my fork and the Lyrik was way plusher than a 2015 Pike. I also noticed stability from the slacker head tube (and he's running the steepest at 66.1) and steeper seat tube, finally got to feel that centered feeling in fast stuff. It was just so nice at everything but entering corners was much more composed than my bike. So I'm sold on newer geo, wider bars and more plusher. New bike time? Yes, but no budget, otherwise I'd be reserving my Grim Donut ;)

So my mate liked my narrower bars and confirmed that Mohawk's are a very nice feeling bar, my hands like it more than the wide bar he has, but he liked the narrower profile as he's not got as wide shoulders and monkey arms. We're gonna put it on his bike and if it works he'll buy it and i'll get a full width one.

Overall it's a sick bike and he got a great deal. Talentspotter was out again so should have a couple of good shots on each others bikes.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Swapped forks from Onyx to Lyrik with smashpot and Avy damper for no good reason at all :D well, maybe social isolation and needed something to do.
Also got rid of a creak in the new Titan...removed BB and cleaned from a two ride old bike and that seems to have cured it.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Swapped forks from Onyx to Lyrik with smashpot and Avy damper for no good reason at all :D well, maybe social isolation and needed something to do.
Also got rid of a creak in the new Titan...removed BB and cleaned from a two ride old bike and that seems to have cured it.
What forks do you have? Onyx, 2 mezzer and the lyrik? Any helm or ribbons tucked away?

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
went & rode the mtb orienteering event at silvan this morning, pissed down for 20mins, got lost trying to take illegal shortcut, got filthy, still enjoyable to an extent..at least the event ran, no shutdown
enjoy silvan, i’d like a whole day there
oops forgot the pain face

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Assuming that tomorrow will be the last day that I can access my hoard of bikes and wine in the self storage unit.

Will have to choose a bike to ride out the pandemic. Do I:

1. Assume that daycare will be shutdown and will have to hit BMX track with the boys = dj.

2. Pray that daycare stays open and will have time to fettle the Rune.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Rode with the wife on the same loop as the small boy a couple of weeks ago (2hrs)... Less whinging about the climb in the middle. she ended up with a shorter stem, different saddle ( out of the parts bin), new dropper (knew that one was coming and on order), new grips (sore wrists through over-rotation) and I kept the HR under 140bpm... a good day all round... maybe

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I'm already on thin ice for buying a Nintendo and using the corona virus as cover...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
After the next couple of weeks all will be forgotten. Also you could hide it in the car because we all know no one is going out anywhere.