What are you listening to NOW?

Jpez

Down on the left!
One more
And Magic Dirt member for a while I believe
Yep but was always Adalitas band.
Some of wildest gigs I ever saw were bored shows. Especially when Hemensley was in the band.
@sane are you part of the new Fb group ‘Sound as ever‘ Oz Indie bands 90-99?
Some incredible photographic gems, memories and stories popping up on there.

Last edited:

mtb1611

Seymour
One more
Some of wildest gigs I ever saw were bored shows. Especially when Hemensley was in the band.
Digging that group, so many awesome memories.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
One more
I’d love to see them, just not so much that I’d join FB

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This is ponderous man...really ponderous.

Decided that I'd cut a long lap to the beach and back. Felt good to get out on the bike. The "city" is a ghost town, as to be expected in such times, and it struck me as ponderous, really ponderous. Anyway you know times are tight when the open til 3am kebab shop is shut!

Jpez

Down on the left!
I’d love to see them, just not so much that I’d join FB
Ah the evil empire hasn’t it’s claws into you!
before the world turned upside down I got most of my work from FB but really I think o just work for FB.
lots a brilliant stuff like the page I mentioned above but mainly a brain dead time suck.

I envy you.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I found 2 pages called Sound As Ever and neither of them is the right one, any chance of a link?

Jpez

Down on the left!
hey...thats my old local pub! ;)
used to live on leicester st...saw so many great bands @ the punters. so many awesome nights/arvos/days
Yeah the Punters was a pretty special place for a lot of years. Saw the Cosmic Psycos in the late 80’s when I think the were called Spring plains?
had some good nights at the Evelyn across the road too but it was no Punters club.

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
Yeah the Punters was a pretty special place for a lot of years. Saw the Cosmic Psycos in the late 80’s when I think the were called Spring plains?
had some good nights at the Evelyn across the road too but it was no Punters club.
seeing will oldham (he was palace music @ that point in time) sitting right on the stage edge in front of him & band for the whole gig is my fondest memory (it was that packed it was ridiculous!)...
empress of india, the tote, robroy were all great local venues too...
the ev was a bit mainstream for my musical tastes .....had more than the odd beer or 10 outside though on sunny arvos :D

Jpez

Down on the left!
seeing will oldham (he was palace music @ that point in time) sitting right on the stage edge in front of him & band for the whole gig is my fondest memory (it was that packed it was ridiculous!)...
empress of india, the tote, robroy were all great local venues too...
the ev was a bit mainstream for my musical tastes .....had more than the odd beer or 10 outside though on sunny arvos :D
The Ev definitely became a mainstream pub but was definitely not like that when I started going there.
I remember seeing a crazy Lompoc County SplatterHeads show there when I was pretty young.
Spent quite a bit of time at the other venues mentioned too. Especially the tote. Maybe too much time now I think of it!