Confessions from the fuckwits

nathanm

Eats Squid
Dude came round to buy the Fixie. Had a flat tyre. Patched and reinflated and it exploded.

Replaced the tube pumped it up and the tyre tore.

Found a replacement tyre and after 35 minutes finally got him on his way

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Quick (theoretically) changeover from a 180m disc adaptor to a 203mm one, as my bent disc replacement showed up this week. I keep all of my small spares (chainring, brake bolts etc) in one of those old large metal fold up tool boxes, so one shelf has all of the brake adapters/ disc mount bolts etc on it. Grab the one post to post mount in there that looks like a 203mm adaptor one. Fit it and the caliper just won't clear the disc. Hmmm, that's odd, flip it upside down and adjust the brake hose to reach thinking that I didn't need to do so when I took it off but ignore the little warning bell in the back of my head. Nope definitely not clearing the caliper this way up. Go back to spares box. Find the one other post mount caliper adapter in there, rinse and repeat but with no joy. By now the 10 minute job is pushing 30. Empty out shelf with caliper adapters on it. All remaining adapters are post to IS mounts. Go back to original adapter and mount again thinking I must've fucked something up. Nope, definitely doesn't fit. Open up other side of spares box, and there's one adapter on a shelf that has no right to be there but looks pretty likely. Fit it and lo and behold it's the one. Adjust brake hose. That 10 minute job just ended up taking the best part of an hour. Decide that perhaps the other general maintenance job I had planned might best be left for another day.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Quick (theoretically) changeover from a 180m disc adaptor to a 203mm one, as my bent disc replacement showed up this week. I keep all of my small spares (chainring, brake bolts etc) in one of those old large metal fold up tool boxes, so one shelf has all of the brake adapters/ disc mount bolts etc on it. Grab the one post to post mount in there that looks like a 203mm adaptor one. Fit it and the caliper just won't clear the disc. Hmmm, that's odd, flip it upside down and adjust the brake hose to reach thinking that I didn't need to do so when I took it off but ignore the little warning bell in the back of my head. Nope definitely not clearing the caliper this way up. Go back to spares box. Find the one other post mount caliper adapter in there, rinse and repeat but with no joy. By now the 10 minute job is pushing 30. Empty out shelf with caliper adapters on it. All remaining adapters are post to IS mounts. Go back to original adapter and mount again thinking I must've fucked something up. Nope, definitely doesn't fit. Open up other side of spares box, and there's one adapter on a shelf that has no right to be there but looks pretty likely. Fit it and lo and behold it's the one. Adjust brake hose. That 10 minute job just ended up taking the best part of an hour. Decide that perhaps the other general maintenance job I had planned might best be left for another day.
That’s pretty minor fuckwittery in the scheme of things. That’s a standard session in the workshop for me.

Reminds me when I moved up to a 200 on front and ordered a new adapter.
fucker didn’t fit. Spent a useless day or so on the internet and even bugged the store I bought it from. “ you sent me the wrong item”!

Couple days later I’m sitting there staring at it wondering why adapters were such a mystery when I noticed the direction arrow. For some reason i never thought to spin it around. It was just upside down the whole time.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
That’s pretty minor fuckwittery in the scheme of things. That’s a standard session in the workshop for me.

Reminds me when I moved up to a 200 on front and ordered a new adapter.
fucker didn’t fit. Spent a useless day or so on the internet and even bugged the store I bought it from. “ you sent me the wrong item”!

Couple days later I’m sitting there staring at it wondering why adapters were such a mystery when I noticed the direction arrow. For some reason i never thought to spin it around. It was just upside down the whole time.
The arrow makes sense. I have one adapter which has a C at one end, and one which has an L. What the fuck do they mean? L for lower perhaps, but C? Confusing?

Jpez

Down on the left!
The arrow makes sense. I have one adapter which has a C at one end, and one which has an L. What the fuck do they mean? L for lower perhaps, but C? Confusing?
Exactly! The arrow makes heaps of sense. I still didn’t see it though.

C and L? Sounds like the designer of that part is having a laff

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
If they're Hope adapters they're coded by letter as to what they adapt to and from. Click "Manuals and Diagrams" down the bottom of the page, then view the "Brake Mount Chart" .pdf:

safreek

Sold my gym set, 200kg of weight and decent bench, about a month before the start of the apocalypse. Who would of thought the Chinese were watching, waiting for me to make this decision, then bam, cop that safreek. They are watching me, now you all have to suffer

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Sold my gym set, 200kg of weight and decent bench, about a month before the start of the apocalypse. Who would of thought the Chinese were watching, waiting for me to make this decision, then bam, cop that safreek. They are watching me, now you all have to suffer
I'm surprised you had the strength to type this out, with your newly wasted away chicken arms.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

safreek

I'm surprised you had the strength to type this out, with your newly wasted away chicken arms.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
They arnt yet. Starting to get a home made gym running, car wheels and such, weights sent needed for the short term. But yeah it sucks