The QUICK question thread.....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Anyone got one of these, is a large the right size for 180cmView attachment 361357
It's a good price. For your friend perhaps the force would be a better choice. For you (if you're 180cm) a large dh bike being ridden as an xc bike (guessing that's your plan again?) should be suitable. My dh bike (ridden for dh) is a medium (intense 951). My freeride bike (ridden like a freeride bike) is a large (SC nomad). Both are old 26 models and SC used to make smaller sized bikes.

safreek

It's a good price. For your friend perhaps the force would be a better choice. For you (if you're 180cm) a large dh bike being ridden as an xc bike (guessing that's your plan again?) should be suitable. My dh bike (ridden for dh) is a medium (intense 951). My freeride bike (ridden like a freeride bike) is a large (SC nomad). Both are old 26 models and SC used to make smaller sized bikes.
Don't have any choice, no dh tracks around here, if I go any further my partner wants to come the I can't fit the bike in, it's a sad world

stirk

Burner
Hey germs, sorry too soon?

Do I buy a Bell super 3r in a medium for my medium sized 57cm scone?

And will it protect me from stupid?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Too long you think. I shall measure the top tube of my bike and see. Not sure about these modern 26rs
It would be close to someone that is 180 but probably depends on body dimensions. I'm a 167 and I fit on the medium sized current model GT's, bike shop tried to put on a small and I said "no, I've always been on a medium", so they measure my body and say "oh you're right, you have a longer torso to the average person your height".

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It would be close to someone that is 180 but probably dempends on body dimensions. I'm a 167 and I fit on the medium sized current model GT's, bike shop tried to put on a small and I said "no, I've always been on a medium", so they measure my body and say "oh you're right, you have a longer torso to the average person your height".
I hadn't picked you for only being in your early teens.

stirk

Burner
The helmet come with a 300% guarantee to make you smarter.
Sweet, I'll need the extra smarts for buying at 10% jump in price. The company jacked the price just before I purchased and I was over my procrastination so couldn't be stuffed to shop elsewhere. I wonder if the price increase for already in stock goods was a covid gouge.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Anyone know much about Shimano Octolink BB's?

I'm trying to work out what size I need for my son's bike but as yet I've had no luck getting the old one out to read the label on it. All I've been able to measure is the distance from the end faces of the axle and also from the rebates on the axle. For the following example, does the 118mm mean overall width, or the inner distance as dimensioned?

Cosh

Likes Bikes
Anyone know much about Shimano Octolink BB's?

I'm trying to work out what size I need for my son's bike but as yet I've had no luck getting the old one out to read the label on it. All I've been able to measure is the distance from the end faces of the axle and also from the rebates on the axle. For the following example, does the 118mm mean overall width, or the inner distance as dimensioned?

View attachment 361389
overall width, just measured an old one that I had lying around.

Nambra

Cheers @Sethius, I do have the correct tool - the drive side locking collar comes out no problem, it's the main cartridge bit that's stuck like a bastard. I think the Hulk must have installed it.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Cheers @Sethius, I do have the correct tool - the drive side locking collar comes out no problem, it's the main cartridge bit that's stuck like a bastard. I think the Hulk must have installed it.
I had one like this, the Avanti hammer I built up for bil. Ended up using the electric rattle gun after soaking the thing for a few days in shift ya bastard. Took a little while but it came undone. No corrosion just installed by an idiot.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Is this not a job for the angle grinder and hammer? Heat the bottom bracket shell up with your oxy. Cut a few grooves deep into the bottom bracket. Select suitable screw driver. Bash wildly with hammer. Enjoy the sweet taste of success.

Nambra

I had one like this, the Avanti hammer I built up for bil. Ended up using the electric rattle gun after soaking the thing for a few days in shift ya bastard. Took a little while but it came undone. No corrosion just installed by an idiot.
Great idea Dales, the BB tool I have has a 3/4" socket drive so an impact driver will be perfect to give it some stick with. I was thinking of a cross brace as a backup - seems the trick is in keeping the tool aligned so the splines are properly engaged.

@pink poodle, you're starting to sound like an out of work tradie, not a decaffeinated barista.