Sold Manitou Mezzer 44mm offset 29er fork

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Item: Manitou Mezzer 44mm offset 29er fork
Item Condition: As new
Reason for selling: I have another Mezzer and not enough bikes for this fork
Price and price conditions: $950
Extra Info: This fork is a warranty replacement and was only fitted to a bike but never ridden. Steerer has been cut to approx 205mm. Star nut was not fitted to the steerer. Comes in original box with mudguard, travel spacers, axle and spare stickers....it is a new fork just like you would get from Manitou.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
How have been finding the setup? A sensitive as everyone seems to be discussing? And are you running your other meezer paired with air or coil rear shock? Waiting to see how much next month's pay will be before I bug you on these.

kten

How have been finding the setup? A sensitive as everyone seems to be discussing? And are you running your other meezer paired with air or coil rear shock? Waiting to see how much next month's pay will be before I bug you on these.
They are great. I've been running the other Mezzers at 160 travel currently paired with a McLeod rear shock but did have have an Ohlins TTX22M coil in there.
Still the best air forks I've tried and super easy to work on.

kten

If anyone is on the fence due to the price I do have another set of Mezzers that are currently on my bike that I will let go slightly cheaper and then I'll keep the new ones. PM me as I'm keen to reduce the amount of forks in my shed. These forks have had the lowers replaced under warranty and they function perfectly.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Thank god. Mara Pros had just come back in stock at Universal Cycles and I was pondering whether to do the Manitou double.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Do it Oddjob. I'm not there yet. Plus then you can review the mara, there's bugger all feed back yet!

jrewing

Eats Squid
Ive got a 36 at 170mm with smashpost and grip1 damper. My complaint with it is its flexy on tough tracks. But very nice
Are these really stiffer? And do they need much air chamber lube maintenance?

kten

Ive got a 36 at 170mm with smashpost and grip1 damper. My complaint with it is its flexy on tough tracks. But very nice
Are these really stiffer? And do they need much air chamber lube maintenance?
Yes, noticeably stiffer. I had a 36 with Fit4 then Grip2 and Smashpot also for reference.
Maintenance intervals on the Mezzer's is on par with other manufacturers but the difference is they have been designed by someone who swings spanners so they can be serviced extremely easily.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Hows the suppleness v the smash post setup. I love the smashpot, but pretty keen on these

Basically will i be faster and more precise on gnarly tracks!

kten

Hows the suppleness v the smash post setup. I love the smashpot, but pretty keen on these

Basically will i be faster and more precise on gnarly tracks!
Mate, you will be beating the opposite sex off with a stick along with beating your strava times by immeasurable amounts ;)

Suppleness v the Smashpot mmm hard one to quantify. The smashpot suppleness is awesome and the Mezzer matches it but in a different way, kind of less pillowy but still uber supple.