COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
quite possibly the meat sack was approached today to produce materials needed to make the COVID-19 test kits....

Not sure whether to be happy or not

S

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So, my missus works in Aged Care.

Shes had a bit of a cough and been feeling a little bit ill for about a week.

To cut a long story short, after a bit of to and fro and her employers paranoia, the doc gave her a referral for a drive through test. They will call with results tomorrow.

So my mate was coming around this morning to grab some gym weights that I have only lifted to move house twice in the past 10yrs.

Nothing like a Carona test pending on your household to make people cancel shit and avoid you like the plague :D

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I'm not quite sure that Coles has really got it with their new bag packing policy!
they have stopped packing your shopping into bags now, and are relying on the shopper to pack their own bags!...here's a run down of how it works.
"you" unload your goods out of your trolley and onto the checkout belt, and "they" then proceed to pick up the item and scan barcode, then hand the item back to you to place in previously purchased bags...what the fcuk are they actually achieving here other than causing confusion and slower checkout times....Dimwits!
why not just make everybody go through the self checkout?

stirk

Burner
Still though, you need to be coughed on or near someone who sneezed to cope a dose that will most likely on infect you.. If you take precautions like wearing gloves to the supermarket you reduce hand contact of the virus, which is the most likely way to catch it. Catching it off fruit or containers is a risk but again, washing your hands after touching materials and before you eat lowers the risk significantly. Most research is showing it’s not contact with a trace amount of the virus that will infect you, it’s the load amount. So if you touch heaps of stuff with little bits of the virus on it, without washing your hands, the risk is far greater..
The rona isn’t some super virus that behaves differently than other infectious diseases, it is just highly contagious because it is novel.
A mate in health said that they believe this virus can be transmitted in aerosolised form and guidelines discuss measures to minimise generation of aerosol during treatment. So iyt not just coughing and sneezing that's creating transmission environments.

Page 19 and 29 of this doc talk to it a little.

[/URL]

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm not quite sure that Coles has really got it with their new bag packing policy!
they have stopped packing your shopping into bags now, and are relying on the shopper to pack their own bags!...here's a run down of how it works.
"you" unload your goods out of your trolley and onto the checkout belt, and "they" then proceed to pick up the item and scan barcode, then hand the item back to you to place in previously purchased bags...what the fcuk are they actually achieving here other than causing confusion and slower checkout times....Dimwits!
Market town Woolworths has Perspex screens up to protect their cashiers.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
My wife used to work checkout as a teenager, she can pack faster than everyone at our local. I have to almost yank the leash back everytime otherwise she would jump the counter and do it all herself!

stirk

Burner
Local butcher is not handling reusable bags now either so there is a general consensus this reduces transmission possibilities. Not sure it would do much in a supermarket situation where the distribution chain through to shelf packer, then you and any other customer getting some feels of the produce and then the checkout person then handles it and back to you. They are still toughing things you have toughed like your bag.

Talking to them probably carries more risk!

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So my mate was coming around this morning to grab some gym weights that I have only lifted to move house twice in the past 10yrs
Have you seen the rush on weights lately? Out of stock everywhere. 20% minimum price rises. Cash in and trade on some toilet paper.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And will all be on FB and gumtree in a month
You think we'll be back in gyms in a month? If we are id bet on a 2nd shit down. But i agree most will be sold barely used. Something about getting into a gym is so much easier to motivate than an hour by yourself in a garage