What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Good to have a ride this morning. Not as much fun riding that bit more carefully. Plus I had decided to take the hardtail out so also adapting back to that which slowed things a little (need to order longer frame now that I am used to the long dualie..... 425 vs 485 reach).

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Today I picked up a new (to me) tilty thing from Mr @moorey and had a guided tour of his back yard trails.

And I almost gave you all another fuzzy peach ass photo for him to post religiously.

On about the only piece of the trail I was familiar with I gave it a bit over a jump to find he came to a complete stop at the landing, and since I was still in the air at the time it made it hard to stop. Ploughed straight into the back of him! Oops... :D

Continued the ride and (barely) made it back to the finish before the downpour. Thanks for the tour!

Good chance that'll be my last ride outside the backyard for quite a while!

glenn1529

Likes Dirt
Was supposed to have my two besties down from NSW this weekend for beers, camping, shuttles at Falls creek. Obviously that didn’t happen. But got to fang around with my daughter and hit the new pump track in Wodonga. So not all bad.

moorey

call me Mia
Today I picked up a new (to me) tilty thing from Mr @moorey and had a guided tour of his back yard trails.

View attachment 361508

And I almost gave you all another fuzzy peach ass photo for him to post religiously.

On about the only piece of the trail I was familiar with I gave it a bit over a jump to find he came to a complete stop at the landing, and since I was still in the air at the time it made it hard to stop. Ploughed straight into the back of him! Oops... :D

Continued the ride and (barely) made it back to the finish before the downpour. Thanks for the tour!

Good chance that'll be my last ride outside the backyard for quite a while!
Most welcome mate. Good to catch up at 1.5m or more.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was guilted out of going mountain biking yesterday (it's an hour drive to the trails) so had to utilise the road bike instead. I'd forgotten just how boring road riding was compared to mountain biking! Having said that, Melbourne without cars is a fantastic place to ride. It kind of felt like riding through a post-apocalyptic landscape with the lack of cars around and businesses open, but it made for some nice riding with very stops. Only hit about 6 red lights on my while trip!
The post-apocalyptic world really does belong to the lycra-clad though; there were riders out everywhere!

Jpez

Down on the left!
Slowly getting to know the surrounding bike path trails near me. Just did near 40km on the Federation trail to Hoppers Crossing.

I did find a few bits of dirt here and there.

slowly turning my rear Minion into a road tire.

Must admit I had a bit of fun with the roadies doing their commute. When one zoomed past I made it my mission to keep up with them.
at least for a couple of kilometres!
But I think they were pretty surprised to see a Mountain biker in baggies keeping up on their tail! Socially distanced of course!

Even made my feel tough, them with their puny little wheels and me with my big knob. Sorry meant knobbies. :p

I even started to feel like @safreak!!!
Spent the rest of the ride flexing like crazy.

Only downside was what looked like a bit off overflow rain water across the path that looked really pretty with duck flapping about was actually I think raw sewerage. I really shouldn’t have ridden through that at speed.

Just got out of the shower!!

Jpez

Down on the left!
What sort of Dufus stops on a bloody lander?!??!

oh wait. @moorey you say?

that makes total sense now:D

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nothing , Yet !
But my box of goodies has arrived from Pushys - order Friday get it on a Monday

New tyre , some grips , a little patch kit , some shiny bar ends plug things for my Fatbike

Gonna have a Shed-Venture later

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Good old federation trail. I call it the rubbish trail that takes you through glass fines, tanneries and all the waste of Melbourne. Never quite figured out what that big noisy thing in the background is tough. My guess was some sort of pulveriser?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Good old federation trail. I call it the rubbish trail that takes you through glass fines, tanneries and all the waste of Melbourne. Never quite figured out what that big noisy thing in the background is tough. My guess was some sort of pulveriser?
Yeah that big thing is pretty weird. Looks like something from industrial Britain or Eraserhead belching out steam and all brown stained.
I think it is a pulveriser of some sort. It’s next to the metal recycler.
I always find industrial areas fascinating. Areas you never see. The seedy grubby side.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Looks like a bag house and induced draught fan and chimney stack? Rumbly thing will be the fan. Where is the plant and I can offer something other than guesses?