COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My concern is the working girl. Hows's she meant to get by on the corner poodle? Pretty high risks for our society's old profession. Extra coin for no mask? Or is that deemed roleplay?

2 is company, 3 is a crowd...

The ones working in my humble city mostly need the masks.

There are worse viruses one can catch on the streets.

Will be tough times for them, they are very vulnerable to illness and economically.

I have noticed not as many massage therapists trading at night.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2 is company, 3 is a crowd...

The ones working in my humble city mostly need the masks.

There are worse viruses one can catch on the streets.

Will be tough times for them, they are very vulnerable to illness and economically.

I have noticed not as many massage therapists trading at night.
No casual sex is in the guidelines.. Dunno if that applies to essential workers?

indica

Serial flasher
So inside work I can sit in the OM with 20+ other people, outside in the carpark I can't chat with mates in groups of more than 2???
Essential worker stuff is weird.
Official Woolies libe is I'm not eligible to shop Tuesday and Thursday early but the local lets me in...

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thats just tough keyboard warrior talk . Bookface is full of wankers looking for a bite.
Good point, that’s why I didn’t pass judgment..
I’m not a regular bookface user apart from an account to use the bike trading groups.. This was tweeted by someone who doesn’t BS..

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Do you think its appropriate for people to move away from their friends and families in persuit of a more affordable mortgage etc?
Er...Yes? You don't have to live in the same street as them do you?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
From a property investment group on bookface..

Mmmmm.....
Surely a ‘pause’ in kind is due to the tenant ie no rental payments for X months but you still have to pay it all back later with more interest .... just like the banks are offering the owner.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
What professions/education do you have that allow you to live where ever you want and find work there?
I want to understand this perceived fludity of housing and profession that you liberals have, why do you think that people simply aren't making the right choices? Do you think its appropriate for people to move away from their friends and families in persuit of a more affordable mortgage etc?

I bet you also wonder why there isnt a sense of community any more.
Every one of my friends moved out of Sydney to be able to afford a decent home in a decent suburb. They live in places like Port Stevens, Canberra, Central coast, Newcastle, Brisbane, etc. Their jobs were fitter and turner, electrician, business owner, Telstra tech, baker and similar jobs, standard proletariat and a sprinkling of the petite bourgeoisie. Funnily enough, at the same time they were doing that, I moved to red China and got work there. However, it was with a running dog yankee firm.

I literally do not have a single friend's house I can couch surf on when visiting, they all moved to buy houses and get ahead. It's possible and it happens.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do you think its appropriate for people to move away from their friends and families in persuit of a more affordable mortgage etc?

I bet you also wonder why there isnt a sense of community any more.
Unfortunately yep you do have to move away from family and friends in the wonderful of oz (major cities).. My family is 6 hours away, my inlaws in the same city, Melbourne but 30-40mins away with traffic..
You could choose the euro way of doing things like my wifes family do in greece and they bought 3 apartments in the same block, eveyone pooling their money together.. They have great community going on, big family meals several times a week.. i’m envious of it, but also the practically of living with nan would be pretty shit too.. They are all professionals btw, lowest qualification is a teacher..
Australia has world class cities now, the chance of buying in your childhood suburb is gone.. That is what we have become will all the good and bad that goes with it.. Just like europe. I don’t necessarily disagree with what your saying either. We have managed to find community in our suburb that we had no connection to, you just have to get out there an volunteer and take ownership.. I grew up in a regional town, they have a lot to offer if you pick the right one..