COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

moorey

call me Mia
Exactly. Many boomers have worked hard their entire life and are responsible for a lot of the stuff younger generations take for granted.
Ok boomer. Just kidding. There are greedy people in every age bracket....and desperately poor people.
COVID19 is brutal on our more aged population...particularly the pre-boomer era... let’s not got insinuating anyone ‘deserves’ this more than someone else.
Try self isolating in somewhere like India. Just not possible.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Exactly. Many boomers have worked hard their entire life and are responsible for a lot of the stuff younger generations take for granted.
They also gave us planetary degradation, an unfair tax system and they are starting to smell a bit.
That being said, I know a few boomers that do some fantastic volunteer work and are an absolute pleasure to spend time with.

moorey

call me Mia
They also gave us planetary degradation, an unfair tax system and they are starting to smell a bit.
That being said, I know a few boomers that do some fantastic volunteer work and are an absolute pleasure to spend time with.
Do you really see gen X and Y doing so much more?
Not really into this generic laying of blame at a time like this.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Your calcs are fine
Not sure what you mean but I mean the raw stuff < $50/l. No idea what the end product costs to produce with taxes in the mix. I imagine with hand sanitsier if it was $50 a litre then about $35 worth would go into a litre of sanitiser. Maybe $10 of materials to make 250ml. So $15 is pretty damn cheap for that, let alone making it from scratch. Unless I'm way off the mark on the raw product price. I imagine those making millions of litres of sanitiser get their alcohol much cheaper.

I'm down to about 50ml of the stuff for my bike.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Was it a joke?
Seemingly rational people I know are quickly unraveling and displaying their prejudices before my eyes.
Boomers are more likely to have voted in conservative governments. There is some basis for this prejudice.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
The boomers didnt do anything good or bad they just sat there passively while govts encouraged xs migration , laundered Chinese money , low interest rates and restricted land in big cities to push up prices .
The boomers then cashed in , moved away and built and bought their Mc mansions in cheaper towns.
Its just typical human behaviour , any generation would do it.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Glad I didn't sell that mag trainer which has been sitting in the corner of the garage for a few years until recently. My son who prefers listening to a podcast and pedalling on the trainer to actual riding pulled it out. He's got this social distancing shit in the bag being a computer gamer.

All of this inequality shit was well in train before boomers. They just had a quite large part perpetuating and controlling it in our lifetimes but they didn't invent it.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Most people who come from a conservative family , have selfish materialistic parents as a role model , poorly educated or a rigid religious background become more conservative as they age hence vote LNP.
As they age the brain adapts less to new ideas and some old people become insecure and resent the young.
The LNP have played into this whereas Labour have remained idealists.
The Corona virus will stress people to cause more splits in society and possible lawlessness unless we are careful.
Even Smoco knows this and has not been his usual political self.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Boomers are more likely to have voted in conservative governments. There is some basis for this prejudice.
kind of like every other generation when they get older and more set in their ways. Gotta say I cant see that much difference between generations. I'm sure my middle aged lot would behave pretty much exactly as the millenials do now if we were their age in the current world, and much like the boomers do if we were born a few decades earlier.

On a more serious note I satisfied a major craving yesterday by getting twisties in my grocery shop. Chicken twisties. I haven't had then in 20 or 30 years. I'm sure its a sign cabi fever is destroying me

_______

Is an alien from 2007
ICYMI on the ABC news last night: antibody test is largely a thing (pending more test testing [haha] to work out its accuracy, scope, side effects etc.). Kinda buried in this:

parenthetically related: this may be the unofficial NATO mission patch of the decade for all those poor saps in blotchy pyjamas tasked with "providing support" in "these unprecedented times" by telling stubborn Italians/New Yorkers/Geordies/etc. "no, sigh, I can't shoot you, but FFS please go home and stay there!" or paradropping bogroll to hospitals:

Last edited: