What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Fully servicing mine at the moment. Do the new SC bikes have the grease ports? So good despite the cruddy grease gun I have which drives me nuts at times.

I've done two rides with wider bars, I've gone from 710 (old bike) to 730 (current bike) to 750 with a Pro Koryak bar. When my mate rode my bike he loved the narrower bar. The Deity Mohawk carbon bar is super comfy too, so we did a swap deal. He's really happy after a few rides.

No Mohawks in white and the othe colours would ruin my matchy game though i did wonder about somehow fading red to make it pink. Otherwise I'll run the 750 cheapies which are actually not bad, but I reckon I can go to the full 787 of the Mohawk. So much regret cutting them, but glad to be fixing it.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
We, along with everyone else, got booted from our beach camp, so we bush camped a few days last week before the shutdown. Lovely spot, nobody around. Haven't camped there for 35 years, so it was nice to go back. Just took the dungers. Had a lot of fun.

Back working from home now, we are doing local lunchtime rides every day.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Fully servicing mine at the moment. Do the new SC bikes have the grease ports? So good despite the cruddy grease gun I have which drives me nuts at times.
I think they do still have grease ports on the newer SC frames. Assuming the new bearing are their same as their earlier ones where the inner side has no cover to let the grease in to flush the bearing.

The zerk fitting is royal PITA to fit on and hell to pull off on my TRc and while it quiet then I haven't hit it with more grease. I am tempted just to pop in the 'standard' bearings with the dust covers on each and forget the grease port. My little mud guard and frame protection has kept the linkages fairly clean. It is good thing for strip and clean the linkages which I'll do annually.

Then there is my old Heckler, no creaks, swingarm moves without resistance still on the original bearings...............If it isn't broken then not much point to fix it :)

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Tell me more - I'm tempted .....there is a deal-eo at present
Some more info. The Aussie distributor has lots of stock (of forks and parts) and is honouring the warranty but won't be supplying trust products once stocks are depleted. Trust themselves are apparently still trading....maybe the covid bail out deals have saved them??

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Been riding it to and from work all week feeling incredibly lucky my riding habits are pretty much un-touched.

Unfortunately my drive train has picked this week to reach the critical wear point and will need to be replaced

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Rode it and hurt it at Kalamunda. Shock damping blew early on so had to put up with the constant bang of it topping out the whole time.

First time riding without the little fella since 2018, so was nice to ride at pace for once.

Also (to the best of my recollection) my first ever solo MTB ride in 30 years of riding.

Was mainly on black trails but taking chicken lines on drops so I did't burden the ER. Didn't realise this log finished with a drop to flat so I've hit the skids and ended up with a wheel either side. Pretty impressed with the $18 eBay chainring which took the brunt of the force and kept its shape. Thankyou Covid for ensuring no one saw it.

Last edited:

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode it and hurt it at Kalamunda. Shock damping blew early on so had to put up with the constant bang of it topping out the whole time.

First time riding without the little fella since 2018, so was nice to ride at peace for once.

Also (to the best of my recollection) my first ever solo MTB ride in 30 years of riding.

Was mainly on black trails but taking chicken lines on drops so I did't burden the ER. Didn't realise this log finished with a drop to flat so I've hit the skids and ended up with a wheel either side. Pretty impressed with the $18 eBay chainring which took the brunt of the force and kept its shape. Thankyou Covid for ensuring no one saw it.

View attachment 361571
Ha ha, love the tyre marks on the log

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Swapped bikes in my strategic bike reserve.

Went from the Rune which I've been riding for the last few months see https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?posts/3311975

To the Canfield Balance.

After one ride I can already tell that the balance is a pig of a climber compared to the Rune. But probably makes up for it on the downs.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Swapped bikes in my strategic bike reserve.

Went from the Rune which I've been riding for the last few months see https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?posts/3311975

To the Canfield Balance.

After one ride I can already tell that the balance is a pig of a climber compared to the Rune. But probably makes up for it on the downs.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
You need more bikes and tyres

slowmick

38-39"
Went for my first ride for the week this morning at 5am. It was hard going up the hills, really hard. I struggled on in the dark questioning my poor dietary choices lately and my lack of exercise. At the bottom of the hill I noticed that there was no gear change noise for the first click on the shifter. 37 teeth is so much harder than 46 teeth.

Jpez

Down on the left!
So did a 44km ride on mostly bike paths. Avoiding roads after a car almost side swiped me the other day.

After taking the piss out of roadies on here the other day I’m starting to envy their skinny little wheels! In fact I was actually starting to enjoy the grind and burn And just wanted to keep churning along but had to get back to look after the kid.

Also found 800 bars are good for keeping muppets out of my personal space!

Maybe I’ll start spending less time on Rotorburn.com and move over to Brakepadsqueal.Com.

Or maybe not. But I do need better tires For the bitumen.

Absolutely love this bike! This is one of these bikes I’ll never sell.