COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
That reminds me, Im out of gin... Oddly though my local IGA around the corner has a very decent plonk selection - for my weekly essentials outing.
This is hands down the best Gin that I've ever had, the distillery is local to me but they are also doing free delivery nation wide during the quarantine period or there are a couple of stores local to you that should stock it.
https://farmerswifedistillery.com.au/

EDIT: Forgot the link

Last edited:

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I'm driving 5 minutes to get to some trails that I'm lucky to see anyone on in normal times let alone now. I don't see a problem with this compared to the packed parks my work colleagues are telling me about. As an example centennial park in Sydney I'm told is super busy with walkers and roadies. I can imagine the roadies passing each other breathing really heavy with covid going all up in the air. The walkers be chatting away, spittle flying about and all quite close to strangers as you pass them and this is deemed to be allowed. All these people would be driving to the parks for their exercise. Perhaps the guidelines should be clear enough to say, don't drive to your exercise location. I don't have a problem with my approach as I come into contact with no one, but these city peeps all walking and jogging riding in such close proximity, while legal, are definitely helping the spread. Clear as mud. I like mud, lots of rain on the way!
You drive for 5 minutes to get to trails???!!! Just ride it and get a bit of extra exercise....

stirk

Burner
Can’t spread disease sitting in the car.
I drive a convertible ute (backs away slowly).......

This is hands down the best Gin that I've ever had, the distillery is local to me but they are also doing free delivery nation wide during the quarantine period or there are a couple of stores local to you that should stock it.
https://farmerswifedistillery.com.au/

EDIT: Forgot the link
I've been to the winery called farmers daughter, same family?

You drive for 5 minutes to get to trails???!!! Just ride it and get a bit of extra exercise....
I do if I'm not in a rush to start work but to be honest it just feels too roadie and I don't know how to great roadies if I pass them!! Do you nod like on a motorbike, yell out a hello or just ignore them?

safreek

WTF? Please explain?
Just a dig at the real estate agents that are jacking up prices in the smaller towns, I know about supply and demand but I hate seeing nice little towns being destroyed by city dwellers that want to turn them into mini cities

DMan

I drive a convertible ute (backs away slowly).......

I've been to the winery called farmers daughter, same family?

I do if I'm not in a rush to start work but to be honest it just feels too roadie and I don't know how to great roadies if I pass them!! Do you nod like on a motorbike, yell out a hello or just ignore them?
You take the higher path, and unlike them, act human and give them a wave. I love waving at roadies when I'm on my mtb. But I never acknowledge mtbs when I'm on my roadie.... scum... How does "I do if I'm not in a rush to start work" work? You have more time to ride there then? Sounds like a smidge of laziness to me.... ;)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

safreek

The boomers didnt do anything good or bad they just sat there passively while govts encouraged xs migration , laundered Chinese money , low interest rates and restricted land in big cities to push up prices .
The boomers then cashed in , moved away and built and bought their Mc mansions in cheaper towns.
Its just typical human behaviour , any generation would do it.
That's the virus I was talking about, cashed up city slickers turning good towns into mini cities, disgusting

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Learnings from a global mobile systems provider:

Unprecedented growth (in a very short time) in global Internet traffic
  • Most networks see 30-45% growth over a year
  • We have seen 20-40% peak increase (usually in evenings) in
impacted regions, over the last four weeks (and in a few days)
- So far - networks appear to be meeting demand, but they were designed
to grow that much in a year (not in days)
- Content Delivery Networks (CDN) edge and peering links seem to have
enough headroom
- Stress is mostly on the aggregation networks and service edge routers
where demand may be reaching capacity maximums
• Big questions are what are the new ‘day-to-day and ‘weekend-toweekend’
slopes?
• Busy hour capacity was designed to address Sunday 9 pm online
streaming, but even weekend OTT streaming peaks are now
significantly higher
• We are also seeing unprecedented growth in latency-sensitive
applications during business hours:
  • 300% growth in teleconferencing apps in the US (e.g., Zoom, Skype)
  • 400% growth in gaming
and:

Continued growth of traffic
- An additional increase of 10%-20% in peak traffic over the previous
weekend, bringing cumulative increase between 30%-50% and, in
some cases, over 50% over ‘normal’ weekend peak traffic
- Most of the increase is due to streaming video (e.g., Netflix, YouTube)
• Capacity / Quality of Experience (QoE)
  • Networks are handling traffic well – so far
  • Significant decrease in Netflix streaming rates in Europe provided relief
  • Globally, service providers are starting to see increased utilization levels
on some peering links and edge routers

moorey

call me Mia
Just a dig at the real estate agents that are jacking up prices in the smaller towns, I know about supply and demand but I hate seeing nice little towns being destroyed by city dwellers that want to turn them into mini cities
Ah yes. I see how that makes COVID19 a boomer killer

safreek

This is what I was replying to, Rowdy's comment. Don't remember talking about anything to do with real death of people, my comment was about the virus of rich city people trying to change small towns into mini cities like they only just left.

Maybe I should of called them parasites but that is not the correct word, parasites seem to feed and take, virus's make themselves at home.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Save it...you'll be kicking st the wrong goal any moment.

How the fuck are people still so stupid as to be mobbing the shops and panic buying? Did I miss an announcement that shit has all run out and it's time to panic?

DMan

Save it...you'll be kicking st the wrong goal any moment.

How the fuck are people still so stupid as to be mobbing the shops and panic buying? Did I miss an announcement that shit has all run out and it's time to panic?
I panic bought 6 boxes of these. Could also be that they taste fucking awesome and they were half price too..... They are my after ride go to...

Attachments

moorey

call me Mia
This is what I was replying to, Rowdy's comment. Don't remember talking about anything to do with real death of people, my comment was about the virus of rich city people trying to change small towns into mini cities like they only just left.

Maybe I should of called them parasites but that is not the correct word, parasites seem to feed and take, virus's make themselves at home. View attachment 361590
Ok boomer