What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Late arvo ride with the young fella. His first ride with the full face and decent tyres (Schwalbe Little Joe's) and the difference in confidence was huge. Hit some downhill rutted and rocky berms fast enough that I was worried for him, but he handled it all really well. Was asking when we're going again before we'd even for got back to the car.

My first ride with bigger and tubeless tyres (DHF 2.5 / DHR 2.3) and wow. Grip was about what I was expecting but was amazed how easy to pedal and how light the bike felt, even coming off a light 2.1 Crossmark. I'm an idiot for persisting with tubes and skinny tyres for so long.

Last edited:

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
WFH LTR today... we did about an hour of tooling around... nature strips, stairs, railway bike paths, the local high school where my girls went, then into the hills on a sneaky bit of single track, then reversed it home. It was nice to get out.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Hit Kalamunda with a mate today at dawn. Somehow smashed my toe between a rock and the pedal on a downhill run at a decent speed. Finished the ride out in a fair bit of pain.

Driving a manual car home wasn't much fun. Get home and take the shoes off and bits of nail fall out of the sock. Bit worried it might be fractured as it's blown right up now.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Swapped the Fox36 and Float X2 from the Rune onto the Balance. Absolutely transformed the bike. The Balance has gone from an absolute pig of a climber to a very good climber. Being able to lockout the grip damper on the Fox36 is just magic on road climbs.

Will test out the Diamond and Topaz on the Rune tomorrow. I suspect the super plush nature of the DVO products will suit the very stiff Rune very nicely.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
took my record 10spd rear off the steel cross bike, swapped in a xenon & thru new cable on.. shifting has been playing up & its F%#^ing with me hunting down gravel road kom’s while sitting around..took 3 mon(one was held by a runner, a bloody runner)[btw the runners keep stealing the park benches at gisborne before we fin our rides], 2 last week (though i was reclaiming one from some clown who got off the train in woodend in se breeze & stole one of mine, took 50secs off him then commented he should stick to road riding) & 1 each the wks before that..have plotted out my next ride to bullarto, try to bag 3 more

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Hit Kalamunda with a mate today at dawn. Somehow smashed my toe between a rock and the pedal on a downhill run at a decent speed. Finished the ride out in a fair bit of pain.

Driving a manual car home wasn't much fun. Get home and take the shoes off and bits of nail fall out of the sock. Bit worried it might be fractured as it's blown right up now.
you'll be popular at the local ER dept....death stares at 50 paces!

creaky

XMAS Plumper
took my record 10spd rear off the steel cross bike, swapped in a xenon & thru new cable on.. shifting has been playing up & its F%#^ing with me hunting down gravel road kom’s while sitting around..took 3 mon(one was held by a runner, a bloody runner)[btw the runners keep stealing the park benches at gisborne before we fin our rides], 2 last week (though i was reclaiming one from some clown who got off the train in woodend in se breeze & stole one of mine, took 50secs off him then commented he should stick to road riding) & 1 each the wks before that..have plotted out my next ride to bullarto, try to bag 3 more
I've got no idea what you just said past your gear are setup like shit

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Dude! Solid fork envy happening here. Bike looks sweet too.

Was going to ride. Then there was light rain and clouds that screamed "look out dickhead!" So I stayed home. I did do a little mechanical work and now have a bunch of internally routed cables. Not as much fucking around as I had expected, but a lot trickier than zip tying them to the frame.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Acquired some unicorn poop, straight steerer lyriks! Mrs bfe lives

Pulled out the U turn coil and converted to air, will probably drop to 150, and wifey wants the lowers purple, so stoked I found these!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Dammit, I was google/ebay searching for such a creature earlier today

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
My hanger finally showed up (two and a half weeks from Vic to Qld) so chucked my new derailleur on, realised I'm useless, can't get all the gears and the cable is unravelling so I'm just going to admit defeat and take it to a shop. I'm likely to break something, take even longer for parts, then they'll shut the trails and I'll miss out. Need to accept my stupidity and get back on it faster. Missing riding with my son too.