The discount code thread

K.C.

Likes Dirt
Just FYI folks, any shipment out of Germany (or maybe through DHL Germany) is currently not possible.
My order from bike components has just been returned. See attached screenshot.
mine was shipped on 19th march. look like its still stuck in a processing centre in germany

gippyz

Likes Dirt
mine was shipped on 19th march. look like its still stuck in a processing centre in germany
it might already be on its way down under. I often found the tracking to not be updated after the parcel left Germany. It only gets updated once it gets here, not when it's in transit through (possibly) many other countries. Mine was only shipped a week ago and yesterday the tracking showed the item has been returned. I was originally baffled as I was home all day since the lockdown, only after i receive the email that I realised what has happened.
This might just affect DHL and Germany though as my more recent CRC order has been shipped and it's on its way here, albeit it may not necessarily come from UK.
I ordered a frame as well (trying to build a new bike) from Europe. That one hasn't been shipped. A bit wary I may end up with all parts ready to build but without frame. Doh..

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Mine too, the package I was expecting last week and posted on here how I planned to treat it covid19 style with rubber gloves and Glen 20... still soaking up coronavirus in a Melbourne warehouse 8 days later.

Auspost have not answered the inquiry I sent 3 days ago.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Postal service is a chaos now.
I made two orders from Mtb direct on the same day. One had arrived, the other hasn’t. Weird but oh well.

K.C.

Likes Dirt
forgot to add i got an ebay bearing puller kit that landed in sydney on 15th march, "expected" delivery is 21st april:p

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Postal service is a chaos now.
I made two orders from Mtb direct on the same day. One had arrived, the other hasn’t. Weird but oh well.
My MTBDirect order from last week took 10 days to arrive. Ended up stuck in Sydney. Melb->Syd->CBR go figure

gippyz

Likes Dirt
I had a delivery from Wiggle via DHL delivered on 01 Apr. It took a couple days longer than they forecast.
Ah great! I was worried that my crc order might suffer same fate as my bike components order. Looks like those folks are still going!

K.C.

Likes Dirt
Auspost must stretched. Express delivery from one side if town to the other took 4 days. Was delivered on a Sunday so they must be working 24x7 now.
Canyon mechanic mailed a part late friday arvo on his way home in melbourne. i got the package today (monday) in sydney. just luck i guess. maybe its a weekend thing

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Bike Components has an Easter Egg hunt on their website until April 14th, offering discounts on some brands and free shipping on orders >= 50 Euro. The codes are unique to the browser being used, so you'll have to go looking for them. Discounted brands are:
  • Shimano & SRAM 5% (both geoblocked)
  • OneUp Components 10%
  • Endura 15%
  • POC 15%
  • Maxxis 10%
  • Five Ten 20% (nice - some shoes already discounted and with free shipping too!)
  • ASSOS 15%
  • Ergon 10%
  • LevelNine 15%
and of course find the B-C egg for free shipping. You have to look at a product for each specific brand to find the discount code egg by the looks of it. Current XR is about 0.58 AUD so not great, but not terrible either.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Bike Components has an Easter Egg hunt on their website until April 14th, offering discounts on some brands and free shipping on orders >= 50 Euro. The codes are unique to the browser being used, so you'll have to go looking for them. Discounted brands are:
  • Shimano & SRAM 5% (both geoblocked)
  • OneUp Components 10%
  • Endura 15%
  • POC 15%
  • Maxxis 10%
  • Five Ten 20% (nice - some shoes already discounted and with free shipping too!)
  • ASSOS 15%
  • Ergon 10%
  • LevelNine 15%
and of course find the B-C egg for free shipping. You have to look at a product for each specific brand to find the discount code egg by the looks of it. Current XR is about 0.58 AUD so not great, but not terrible either.
Just fyi that they can't ship to Australia at moment due to DHL not delivering to Australia. My package was sent, held in Frankfurt, only to be returned to BC. I couldn't resist the easter egg and decided to put in another order, but told them hang on to them until DHL (or other company) is delivering again. Fingers crossed they actually don't mind that.

Last edited:

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Just fyi that they can't ship to Australia at moment due to DHL not delivering to Australia. My package was sent, held in Frankfurt, only to be returned to BC. I can't resist the easter egg and decided to put in another order, but told them hang on to them until DHL (or other company) is delivering again. Fingers crossed they actually don't mind that.
I don’t think they’d mind at all. With the lockdown in Germany and logistics issues obviously affecting their online business, I’d say BC would be doing it tough too. They’ll happily take your money now in exchange for a hit on their normal margins so they can pay their wages and suppliers.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Just fyi that they can't ship to Australia at moment due to DHL not delivering to Australia. My package was sent, held in Frankfurt, only to be returned to BC. I couldn't resist the easter egg and decided to put in another order, but told them hang on to them until DHL (or other company) is delivering again. Fingers crossed they actually don't mind that.
My €500 Hibike order is still sitting in a Melbourne warehouse, been there since the 25th March.

I'm not even going to look at international orders until this is over... could be months till things are back on track.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Surely ze germans would be aware of this and not offer DHL if they won't ship? Nothing on the DHL website saying they have stopped shipping...found this https://www.simplydhl.com/covid-19updates

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Surely ze germans would be aware of this and not offer DHL if they won't ship? Nothing on the DHL website saying they have stopped shipping...found this https://www.simplydhl.com/covid-19updates
The DHL they used is not the corporate DHL most of us are familiar with, it is the national German postal service which somehow also named DHL (equivalent to us with aust post).
Here’s the info on their restrictions due to coronavirus:
https://www.dhl.de/en/privatkunden/kampagnenseiten/coronavirus.html#australien