What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Got out on the roadie down the bay. Started off cold and overcast ended up sunny and temperate. Shit for dressing appropriately but great for the soul.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went to fit nice new 203mm rotor after it finally arrived from Aliexpress, discovered i've bought the wrong postmount adapter. Have a brand new 160-203mm adapter if anyone wants to buy it cheap. :rolleyes: Went shopping, bought correct adapter, and filled cart up for "free" shipping too, because why not.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Passed down my old Amoeba DH bars to my 7 year old. They were a bit wide for him so got the angle grinder out and chopped them.

They certainly don't make DH bars like they used to. Who needs 31.8 or 35mm diameter bars when they're this thick?

Unsurprisingly they weighed in a decent amount heavier than the shitty hi tensile bars they replaced.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I feel your pain. I had a Mach 6 for a bit. Underrated tanks, much more versatile than they look too. Kinda impressed you managed to break it actually... whereabouts?

From memory it was your write up of this frame with an 11-6 on here that convinced me to pull the trigger on the secondhand one I bought with the same set up...
Yeah I’d just got the 11-6 back from a service and it hadn’t been put back together properly. It came apart and the front end of the shock dropped down whilst in the air. When I landed it got driven forwards into the down tube. Pretty heavy impact and cracked it. The repair cost me $600 by a guy in Adelaide. He did a stellar job and as I said it was probably as good as new.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Yeah I’d just got the 11-6 back from a service and it hadn’t been put back together properly. It came apart and the front end of the shock dropped down whilst in the air. When I landed it got driven forwards into the down tube. Pretty heavy impact and cracked it. The repair cost me $600 by a guy in Adelaide. He did a stellar job and as I said it was probably as good as new.
another confidence inspiring story of the LBS industry in Aus!..pay peanuts get monkeys.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That's painful. Let me guess, it wasn't the ship's fault was it?

Going to build up a bike path bike since that’s all I can do near home.

Weight weenie for days.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
That'll be fun to ride on the trails at night....
By June 30 I’m an unemployed bum and will be day riding 7 days a week. Ok actually on jobkeeper and will open the workshop at home to suspension service and will I guess do car servicing in the local area. But still, from a risk pov night rides are probably out.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Gave it a proper wash for the first time since owning it. Only had it back riding since last Friday, got three rides in and while it's always been fun I spent most of the previous rides just hurting from being unfit. Fitness is slowly building so I'm getting to enjoy the riding more, even though I'm still useless.

Already wishing I had a better bike but I need to spend a lot longer on this one before I bother upgrading. Can see me having to dump a bit of money into it to get it up to scratch though.