What trails are open around hobart?

Scotty675

Cable thief
Anyone shed some light on whats open?
I'm not on any social media and it's a guess as to were I'm allowed to ride.
I believe gielston bay (shag bay trail), other than that I have no clue.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Basically any council owned trails and reserves are open aside from the bike parks (Kingston, Clarence, Glenorchy). Here's my not so extensive list of what I know is open and has good riding (noting that plenty of these are unofficial trails)

Single Hill
Droughty Hill/ Point (Howrah Trails)
Mornington Hill
Pilchers Hill
Shag Bay
Domain
Knocklofty
Waterworks/ Tolmans Hill
Truganini/ Porter Hill up to Mt Nelson
Mt Nelson/ Hobart College and surrounds
Tinderbox Hill
Picket Hill/ Leslie Vale
Margate/ Snug Trails (Snug River, Snug to Margate Path, Nierinna Creek, Margate Rivulet, Harts Hill, Dave Burrows, Margate and Kaoota Tramway)

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Y
Basically any council owned trails and reserves are open aside from the bike parks (Kingston, Clarence, Glenorchy). Here's my not so extensive list of what I know is open and has good riding (noting that plenty of these are unofficial trails)

Single Hill
Mornington Hill
Pilchers Hill
Shag Bay
Domain
Knocklofty
Waterworks/ Tolmans Hill
Tinderbox Hill
Picket Hill/ Leslie Vale
Margate/ Snug Trails (Snug River, Snug to Margate Path, Nierinna Creek, Margate Rivulet, Harts Hill, Dave Burrows, Margate and Kaoota Tramway)
You guys are lucky, all the trails apart from Stubbs Rd are closed up here in the Northwest. Stubbs is probably too far to go for me to be considered essential travel

Scotty675

Cable thief

Single Hill
Mornington Hill
Pilchers Hill
Shag Bay
Domain
Knocklofty
Waterworks/ Tolmans Hill
Tinderbox Hill
Picket Hill/ Leslie Vale
Thanks for the heads up.
Might be time to explore Margate/snug and surrounds. Havent riden anything down that way.

clockworked

Like an orange

Single Hill
Mornington Hill
Pilchers Hill
Shag Bay
Domain
Knocklofty
Waterworks/ Tolmans Hill
Tinderbox Hill
Picket Hill/ Leslie Vale
Everyrhing in SOHO and knocklofty is closed, except for a few meters near the water tower

nathanm

Eats Squid
Wellington park and cascade land are all closed so only a very narrow area of knocklofty in that region is open.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Knocklofty is definitely open on the Hobart face side, so you can do a little loop in there. Just the BBQ areas are closed which is the case for all Hobart City Council reserves

Pilchers is on clarence council land and is shut
Is that the case? Pilchers isn't listed as closed here

Thanks for the heads up.
Might be time to explore Margate/snug and surrounds. Havent riden anything down that way.
You can do a good loop by stitching together the various trails. Nierinna Creek is the rowdiest option although there are couple of sections you have to hop off and walk a few metres to get over obstacles. Drop me a PM if you want as it's my local area and I can give you some more details.

smasher29er

Likes Bikes
Thanks for this, I Moved out to new Norfolk about a month ago, and have been going stir crazy looking for a place to ride.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Definitely get out and explore. Id fallen into the rut of riding the meehan or welington park. There are plenty of good trails about that id never thought of riding. You will be right once maydena opens back up. Not a bad back yard.