Chain reaction cycles

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
Mate the standard shipping seems to be $30 now! Maybe less for small items order but I didn't check.

So basically all I would have had to do was add another $2 to my order and the total reduces from $138 to $120.

Cunts really. I haven't checked out my order yet because I am still dirty about it.
fuck....$30??? dirty bastards! flood our inboxes with never ending 'sales'....but not so quick sending us an email on the new charges eh....?
yeh just looked at wiggle one single item ...delivery fee is now AU$29.60
...motherfuckers.:mad:

stirk

Burner
Local prices can be better than overseas if you shop around. Tbe is my go to shop for tyres. Mtbdirect is good for drivetrain. I only went to wiggle/CRC recently as local didn't have stock of what I wanted. Shipping is generally faster with this covid shit going on. 4 week delivery for my wiggle order as it sat in London for 3 weeks.

takai

Eats Squid
How is CRC going for shipping during Coronavirus currently? Is stuff still getting sent, or is it being cancelled?

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
I put an order in on the 1st April (no joke) with CRC. Parcel arrived Monday, 20th April.
3 weeks wasn't bad, I was expecting longer considering current circumstances.
Not sure if anything has changed with shipping since

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
I had a set of pedals arrive about a week ago from CRC. Took about a week to get to me...slightly faster than mtbdirect from Melbourne.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Ordered a fork from another (non-CRC/Wiggle) UK retailer last Thursday that was in stock at supplier... Store got stock over the weekend, dispatch yesterday, TNT tracking says expected delivery by EOD 28 April. So, a week delivery seems pretty good given the circumstances, will see if it actually turns up on time.

If you're ordering anything though definitely cop the extra $10 or whatever for priority/express etc shipping - same for locally. Auspost regular mail is a joke at the moment.

Last edited:

teK--

Eats Squid
Ordered a fork from another (non-CRC/Wiggle) UK retailer last Thursday that was in stock at supplier... Store got stock over the weekend, dispatch yesterday, TNT tracking says expected delivery by EOD 28 April. So, a week delivery seems pretty good given the circumstances, will see if it actually turns up on time.

If you're ordering anything though definitely cop the extra $10 or whatever for priority/express etc shipping - same for locally. Auspost regular mail is a joke at the moment.
Apparently auspost express is only marginally better than regular post at the moment. So it can in some cases be 2 weeks to arrive versus 3... Just keep that in mind. Some of their distribution centres have reportedly seen up to 10x their normal volume at the moment.

kbekus

Likes Dirt
Non CRC talk but as a point of comparison... I ordered some electronic parts from DigiKey on Thursday last week, they arrived Monday this week from the USA to Aus via UPS. Ordered some parts from Merlin in early March, they took a month and sat in holding at both ends for quite some time, ordered some parts from Bike-DE a couple of days later in early March, they arrived today via DHL. So it looks like there's quite the backlog of stuff in holding pens or customs but it is trickling through... and yep, it's worth paying for expedited where possible

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd avoid Auspost at all costs at the moment.
I ordered some stuff from MTB direct before Easter and it still hasn't arrived although it was 'express', so the parcel can't make it across Melbourne in two weeks but I got some brake pads for my race car from Japan yesterday which were ordered on Friday and shipped with DHL.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I'd avoid Auspost at all costs at the moment.
Ordered some tyres from bikebug (not sure who they use) and then a saddle from mtb direct. Bike bug here in 2 days, mtb direct still processing. Aust Post fail. This was your time to turn a profit and squandered.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The way MTB Direct's warehouse (which houses stock for multiple retailers) works is they send huge bundles of freight interstate to the post distro warehouses, which then have to pull them down and sort them. This would normally be pretty close proximity work so social distancing requirements is probably killing the sort times.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I'm in Vic, MTB is also in Vic, no?
Yep (I was trying to smash out a response at work and the phone rang before I realised).

Same deal (I assume), huge bundle goes to AusPost, they sift it. I went to the MTBD warehouse to return a part for credit one day, the joint's huge. The sheer volume of freight is immense.

Was more just elaborating that if the delay is in getting it to AusPost, that MTBD's problem. If the problem is the parcel getting processed through AusPost it's AusPost's issue. Unfortunately it's the flip-side of the cheap(ish) postage rates for MTBD. I work about 2km from their distro warehouse and I've had an item take a week to turn up in the past because it was a small envelope type pacel that presumably fell off the processing line. They were sympathetic, but couldn't do a lot about it as it was lost in AusPost's world.