Chain reaction cycles

K.C.

Likes Dirt
bikebug is owned by a courier company i suspect. probably a side business of FRF courier.
i picked up parts from bikebug Tempe branch, it operated out of the FRF depot.
probably explain why they can move stocks very quick from one branch to another for same day pickup options.

teK--

Eats Squid
The way MTB Direct's warehouse (which houses stock for multiple retailers) works is they send huge bundles of freight interstate to the post distro warehouses, which then have to pull them down and sort them. This would normally be pretty close proximity work so social distancing requirements is probably killing the sort times.
I suspect also that the usual First In FIrst Out arrangement is getting totally fucked up by the sudden and massive ramp up in volumes.

It would be like pallets and pallets of mail coming in andthey have to find any spare corner of the warehouse to stick it in before the next pallet comes in. It wouldn't be unusual for one pallet to get so jammed up in the back that you cannot retrieve it when you need to.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I've got to say, I've only had good experiences with them both in-store and online.
pre-corona, if I wanted something from the BB store local to me, I would ring and make sure they had it., if not, would just order online and get delivered or pick-up from local BB store.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Australia post are really killing my project build. Waiting on a fork posted within an hour drive of me via express post last Saturday that hasn't had a single tracking update since being dropped off.

Same with a wheelset posted last week.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Australia post are really killing my project build. Waiting on a fork posted within an hour drive of me via express post last Saturday that hasn't had a single tracking update since being dropped off.

Same here, it's a nightmare. For arrived from the UK via TNT in 4 days (dispatched Tuesday, arrived today) and a wheel set sent with courier via PacknSend came overnight from Sydney. But the frame sent from last Thursday has been sitting in an Auspost depot here in Melbourne since Sunday without moving.

teK--

Eats Squid

What jacks me up, is that Auspost are reaping massive boost to revenue but they don't seem to have hired extra resources. Rather they are just pocketing the difference and delivering a woeful service.

I'm not blaming the workers at all they are all working as hard as they can. This is all upper management.

There are so many people unemployed at the moment , and Coles/Woolies doing massive recruitment drives for a temporary workforce expansion until we get through this saga. Why are Auspost not doing the same?

takai

Eats Squid
Same here, it's a nightmare. For arrived from the UK via TNT in 4 days (dispatched Tuesday, arrived today) and a wheel set sent with courier via PacknSend came overnight from Sydney. But the frame sent from last Thursday has been sitting in an Auspost depot here in Melbourne since Sunday without moving.
At least you know where it is. Ive had tons of stuff that has just sat somewhere and no tracking updated.

That said, i am enjoying buying from local distros currently. Forks and adapters arrived today, and apparently the frame is onboard for delivery.

For once the local stuff has actually beaten the UK order!

Scotty675

Cable thief

I feel your pain. I started ordering parts a Month ago for a rebuild I planed to do this weekend. Admittedly one order was from overseas and I new it would take a while. Of the 5 orders I've seen one. Tracking is no existent. Crazy times we are in.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Why oh why can't TBE post particular products even if they're in stock? Very frustrating..

Won't ship a couple of water bottle cages which seem to be insanely popular worldwide going by the number of out of stock items.

Last edited:

Calvin27

Eats Squid
What? Free shipping threshold is now $199? Those chunts... Dead to me
UK post is getting royally stuffed. Hopefully it's temporary covid stuff because a lot of the others are charging an arm and a leg too. Some of my favorite germans just outright stopped shipping to Aus too.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That wasn't the good ol days!

I remember it as being when it was no GST/VAT, free DHL Express shipping after spending $99, a great exchange rate, and no geoblocking.

No wonder I was broke all the time then.
Aside from the $99 fee those things were all in place way back in those $400 days...the main difference I can remember was that they actually had a wide range of products that were in stock, reasonable prices, and real sales/clesrances. Oh and they weren't owned by wiggle...fuck wiggle.