26" Tyres

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That second tread...mmmm. looks real similar to the schwalbe table top, but with a more aggressive edge. It may hold the corners...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
That second tread...mmmm. looks real similar to the schwalbe table top, but with a more aggressive edge. It may hold the corners...
...or a Rekon Race with standard instead of the alternating L-shaped side knobs. I'm excited and I don't even have a 26" bike! (Hoping to get a pump-track bike eventually though...)

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I'm excited and I don't even have a 26" bike! (Hoping to get a pump-track bike eventually though...)
Great idea. now who has a Covid lockdown project eh.....?

I'm sure it will be super tasty like your other prize winning builds. You don't have to feel bad in buying preloved parts either.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
DMR is re-releasing the Moto Digger tire soon too..may have to jump ship again
My favourite tyre I think. Still listed on the dmr site. Australian distro is lazy. There is lots of awesome dmr gear that doesn't make it here.

The good one or the shit one?

edit: never mind the one I likes called the supermoto. That was a good tyre.
Also still listed on the dmr site. There were a fun tyre, but I found them a little noisy. Look so cool though.

...or a Rekon Race with standard instead of the alternating L-shaped side knobs. I'm excited and I don't even have a 26" bike! (Hoping to get a pump-track bike eventually though...)
Don't delay!!! Buy my pink death frame today!!! Though the bike24 le toy isn't exactly a pump track bike.

Embrace riding a fun and manoeuvrable bike today! #steezy

beeb

Great idea. now who has a Covid lockdown project eh.....?
No room in my backyard unfortunately, a tiny 9m x 9m allows a few berms that form a rounded off triangle and that's about it. There is a big embankment in a nearby park that could make a nice pump track, but too many assholes running around on pit bikes ripping everything up for me to be bothered building anything if I'm honest. It'd need to have heaps of weaving corners to stop them chopping it up I reckon.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
No room in my backyard unfortunately, a tiny 9m x 9m allows a few berms that form a rounded off triangle and that's about it. There is a big embankment in a nearby park that could make a nice pump track,
I hear you. Might be time to get a trials bike with no seat and get all hoppy over the backyard furniture. Sigh....

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
No room in my backyard unfortunately, a tiny 9m x 9m allows a few berms that form a rounded off triangle and that's about it. There is a big embankment in a nearby park that could make a nice pump track, but too many assholes running around on pit bikes ripping everything up for me to be bothered building anything if I'm honest. It'd need to have heaps of weaving corners to stop them chopping it up I reckon.
could you do it out of Timber, heaps of cool ideas on Pinterest

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
we are currently clearing our front yard for a pump track, size is 15m long by 5 wide, and if we get it squeezed in there ok, might try to do a cross over too..once I start getting some actual structures up, I will hopefully get some progress photos.
we have a 15' Blackboy Xanthorroea Grass tree kangaroo tail and a tall Ponytail tree smack bang in the middle, track will go around these, as they will be the main feature of the track
I just want it done, Fcuk I hate digging!

Last edited:

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Sorry, it was the Supermoto's that they were re-releasing, here's a snippet from an article in last issues Revolution Mag.

I thought 26” was ‘dead’ in MTB? ha-ha

but 26” definitely isn’t dead, we have just signed off some new tooling to bring back the DMR SuperMoto tyre in 26” x 2.2”. 26” definitely isn’t dead, I think that there were even a few riders at Red Bull Rampage last week running 26” set ups.

beeb

I hear you. Might be time to get a trials bike with no seat and get all hoppy over the backyard furniture. Sigh....
This has always been very, very tempting as I used to love doing trialsy stuff. Probably will do this at some stage soon, but I thought the COVID lockdown might not be the best time to start given the probability of me stacking it!
could you do it out of Timber, heaps of cool ideas on Pinterest
Yes, but in a public space in Melbourne's western 'burbs I couldn't imagine it lasting long either (ie: vandalism).

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Sorry, it was the Supermoto's that they were re-releasing, here's a snippet from an article in last issues Revolution Mag.

I thought 26” was ‘dead’ in MTB? ha-ha

but 26” definitely isn’t dead, we have just signed off some new tooling to bring back the DMR SuperMoto tyre in 26” x 2.2”. 26” definitely isn’t dead, I think that there were even a few riders at Red Bull Rampage last week running 26” set ups.
Awesome, it is the good one!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
This has always been very, very tempting as I used to love doing trialsy stuff. Probably will do this at some stage soon, but I thought the COVID lockdown might not be the best time to start given the probability of me stacking it!
Yep, got it in one. Don't want to be down at the dentist or ER now getting your top teeth put back in due to an unfortunate jumping off the fence and onto the BBQ incident. Those trials guys are underated IMHO.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Asphalt!!

Sounds like your yard is about perfect for a bowl!!! Or really tight figure 8.