The discount code thread

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
My €500 Hibike order is still sitting in a Melbourne warehouse, been there since the 25th March.

I'm not even going to look at international orders until this is over... could be months till things are back on track.
19 days after arriving in Aus, the HiBike package turned up today. Tracking still says its in Melbourne.

Will just have to ride and not buy for the meantime.

Unless a cheap overpriced boutique 29er comes up for sale at covid prices :p

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
The DHL they used is not the corporate DHL most of us are familiar with, it is the national German postal service which somehow also named DHL (equivalent to us with aust post).
Here’s the info on their restrictions due to coronavirus:
https://www.dhl.de/en/privatkunden/kampagnenseiten/coronavirus.html#australien
Just an update on shipping from ze Germans. I had placed an order before the info above became available so I sent bikecomponents an email asking what was going on and even included the DHL link. They reckon it's still pretty much business as usual.......I'll update this if my order actually gets to me or if I need to chase up a refund.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Not bike parts, but I pre-ordered a record from Germany a while back and got this now:

"Unfortunately, shortly after receiving the vinyl, our shipping provider Deutsche Post notified its customers that it was suspending shipments to a number of territories - including Australia - due to logistical difficulties caused by the virus."

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Just an update on shipping from ze Germans. I had placed an order before the info above became available so I sent bikecomponents an email asking what was going on and even included the DHL link. They reckon it's still pretty much business as usual.......I'll update this if my order actually gets to me or if I need to chase up a refund.
Hmmmmm. I received an email from them last night saying DHL won't ship to Aus and they're refunding my money

gippyz

Likes Dirt
My parcel was shipped despite me putting a comment down telling them to not ship until DHL delivers to Australia, and as the result the tracking now said return has been initiated. I really do not understand these Germans....

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
Anyone have a valid CRC discount code?

Edit: actually a Wiggle code would be better.
just do the new email address/new customer discount trick hack ;)

CRC new customer code = NCV2020
Wiggle new customer code = NEWAU

"Something I've noticed when shopping from CRC or Wiggle is that you can use the new customer code for 20 bucks off over $120 spend an infinite amount of times. All you have to do is create a new email using the Gmail trick. As in, just add "+1" (or any combination of text and numbers after the + sign). For example, wigglecustomer1@gmail.com and wigglecustomer1+1@gmail.com will be treated as 2 separate accounts by wiggle. However, Gmail will treat them as a single account. "

...got it? :)

takai

Eats Squid
just do the new email address/new customer discount trick hack ;)

CRC new customer code = NCV2020
Wiggle new customer code = NEWAU

"Something I've noticed when shopping from CRC or Wiggle is that you can use the new customer code for 20 bucks off over $120 spend an infinite amount of times. All you have to do is create a new email using the Gmail trick. As in, just add "+1" (or any combination of text and numbers after the + sign). For example, wigglecustomer1@gmail.com and wigglecustomer1+1@gmail.com will be treated as 2 separate accounts by wiggle. However, Gmail will treat them as a single account. "

...got it? :)
Yeah, found the NEWAU code. Wondering if there was any better.

wilso1

Likes Bikes
My parcel was shipped despite me putting a comment down telling them to not ship until DHL delivers to Australia, and as the result the tracking now said return has been initiated. I really do not understand these Germans....
This is getting real confusing.
I ordered from HiBike and they now say they can't deliver (via DHL) to Australia, despite others being dispatched. Annoying that their geoblocking technology won't allow us to order Shimano or SRAM, but we can submit an order for other products which they then can't deliver.
I'm just cancelling the order and we'll see what happens (but there was no pre-emptive offer to cancel like in earlier posts).

gippyz

Likes Dirt
This is getting real confusing.
I ordered from HiBike and they now say they can't deliver (via DHL) to Australia, despite others being dispatched. Annoying that their geoblocking technology won't allow us to order Shimano or SRAM, but we can submit an order for other products which they then can't deliver.
I'm just cancelling the order and we'll see what happens (but there was no pre-emptive offer to cancel like in earlier posts).
Europe is chaos now.
So bike components decided to hold my frame until DHL delivers again while my other parcel from Finland is stuck in vantaa- god know where in Finland that is since the beginning of April.
This covid-19 is really bad for any type of business, retail or online.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Wiggle out of the UK is still working. Order placed on Thursday, parcel cleared customs in Sydney this morning.

I paid the extra $10 for expedited, but not sure if that means the order gets attended to quicker or a different logistics option..

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Yeah UK is still good particularly if you can avoid Royal Mail/Parcelforce and get on a decent courier. Dispatch Tuesday, delivery Friday last week (i.e. 4 days) for a fork from Triton Cycles via TNT.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Europe is chaos now.
So bike components decided to hold my frame until DHL delivers again while my other parcel from Finland is stuck in vantaa- god know where in Finland that is since the beginning of April.
This covid-19 is really bad for any type of business, retail or online.
bikecomponents.de promised me they were still shipping and to their credit both my orders shipped quickly. Unfortunately they did a week long trip around the block and DHL took the items back lol. They refunded me after another week.

CRC are somehow avoiding all of this, I'm getting orders in about a week from them.