AM Banshee Prime V3

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Picked up the frame from MTB direct for a very good deal. Was going to keep the the Cotic but this was too good to pass up in the Tint Raw colour.

Manitou Mezzer 140mm
XFusion H3C Coil Shock
Sram X01 derailleur/cranks/chain
Sram GX shifter
Garbaruk 10-50 Cassette
TRP Gspec Trail brakes
Hunt Trailwide Wheelset
Effetto Mariposa TyreInvader Inserts
BrandX Dropper
Shovel Chainguide
Blackspire oval ring
E13 35mm bars
Spank 50mm Stem
Fidlock bottle
RevGrips Pro
Continental Trail Kings

Weight: 15.6kg

Last edited:

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Lovely. How are the Hunts?
Hunts are great! Light, strong and fast rolling.

Highly recommend if you are eyeing off a set.

So it rides like?...

Nice rig
I am really liking the way it rides for a 15.3kg bike. It's sensitive off the top. Still waiting on more volume spacers to add for some trial and error to find the right balance. Geo is spot on for a do it all trail bike. Doesn't feel lazy not being overly slack and longish stay suit the XL for a good balance of stability at speed and while climbing.

aanon

Likes Dirt
Nice, raw looks killer. Just built up a Prime v3 myself, went with the black and so far so good.
15.3 kg? Exactly the same weight as mine but a vastly different build.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That looks beautiful.
Heaven knows we love a raw aluminium frame.

I'm still loving riding my V2 Prime and it's comfortably the best bike I've ridden / owned including some carbon everything wondersleds.

It taught me weight is not everything, and that fit & geo + suspension platforms trumps all.

Enjoy, you've picked a great choice.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Needs more photos! Beautiful bike.

I’m also rocking the Hunt wheels but found I needed an Enduro Wide on the back as the Trail Wide was not quite up to some of the terrain I was riding.

How much travel does the Prime have out back?

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Needs more photos! Beautiful bike.

I’m also rocking the Hunt wheels but found I needed an Enduro Wide on the back as the Trail Wide was not quite up to some of the terrain I was riding.

How much travel does the Prime have out back?
Oh really. I run light weight inserts and I'm 92kg and finding them solid so far.

Prime has 135mm out back. New images at the top.

Haylex

Likes Dirt
how's that reverse components spacer going? I was going to ask how you are finding BB height with the 140 fork as its on the lower end for what banshee recommend, but i guess the spacer mitigates that somewhat.

Would you recommend the spacer? seems a cost effective way to gain some ground clearance without changing the travel of the fork

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
how's that reverse components spacer going? I was going to ask how you are finding BB height with the 140 fork as its on the lower end for what banshee recommend, but i guess the spacer mitigates that somewhat.

Would you recommend the spacer? seems a cost effective way to gain some ground clearance without changing the travel of the fork
It working well so far I can't fault it. The spacer really came about as the Mattocs are 531mm a2c compared to a fox 34 at 544mm. So with the spacer I am 15mm short Banshee's geo chart listed a2c.

So in the low setting currently I am really getting the high setting geo at a 65.7°-66° HA.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
so spacer sits below headset on top of fork?, can they b bought local? & how did you remove crown race

Last edited: