Melbourne Burners post Covid meetup - Silvan - Sat 13th June

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That A-Frame above is the worst example you can give of Silvan, it’s a blight on the trail network.

Having taken new people into Silvan on plenty of occasions, I’ve always found people are not ready for how up and down it is.

If you can’t comfortably climb 8-900m+ in a ride, it’s not going to be fun. Be prepared to ride 10km in an hour and 300m+ of climbing to do it.
That trails having a refresh as we speak :)

Yep, keep the fitness up fellers. We can take it slow on the ups but it still hurts after a few good runs!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
silvan is one of the few paces i wouldn’t SS, glad i threw the 11-34 on when there
First time I went there was with a fella on a ss, he made it look easy

Keen on the idea, but the place still gives me the willies for some reason. I know I need to start riding outside of zwift and Lysterfield at some point, commit and conquer?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

teK--

Eats Squid
That A-Frame above is the worst example you can give of Silvan, it’s a blight on the trail network.

Having taken new people into Silvan on plenty of occasions, I’ve always found people are not ready for how up and down it is.

If you can’t comfortably climb 8-900m+ in a ride, it’s not going to be fun. Be prepared to ride 10km in an hour and 300m+ of climbing to do it.
It is a great example of how unsanitised the trail network is. A nice alternative to some of the outright illegal trails on private lands which are commonly ridden by Burners, but I won't mention the place names of. The warning signs nailed to trees are true, always look before you leap and this rickety jump is no exception.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
commit and conquer?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Yes!! :)

All descents can be ridden at what ever pace you like with b lines if need be. Even the most cautious rider would only be behind by enough for people to catch their breath. Would not be an issue mate.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Have become immensely weak and unfit - but interested... 12:30 is way later than I usually like to start though.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Have become immensely weak and unfit - but interested... 12:30 is way later than I usually like to start though.
Don’t worry dude, I’ll be the back marker after being fuxked up in hospital yet again. 12:30pm gives you plenty of time to carb load.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm open to suggestions, just thought the later time might help some cross town folk to get involved.
I'm usually a crack of dawn rider lol.

moorey

call me Mia
I'm open to suggestions, just thought the later time might help some cross town folk to get involved.
I'm usually a crack of dawn rider lol.
Swings and roundabouts for me. Wife is bound to be working. If just finishing night shift, later start is better. If going onto a night shift, early is better. If on a day, or working both nights, all plans are munted.

Last edited:

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great to see plenty of interest in this.
Looking forward to get it organised, just need to be able to set a solid date.

I used to organize a lot of car meet ups, the one think I've learned is you're never going to be able accommodate everyone, so I'll just have to set a date and time then hope its ok for most.
If all goes well we can always run another for anyone that misses out :)

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Great to see plenty of interest in this.
Looking forward to get it organised, just need to be able to set a solid date.

I used to organize a lot of car meet ups, the one think I've learned is you're never going to be able accommodate everyone, so I'll just have to set a date and time then hope its ok for most.
If all goes well we can always run another for anyone that misses out :)
@Chriso_29er seeing as though you're local you can meet me there at 9:00 for morning session then do the double up for those sleeping in.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Great spot! Count me in.

Needs a few days to dry up after rain so worth keeping that in mind. Bottlecaps can get sliiiick.

Lyre Lyre is great. Good variety of features that link well together.

For the gravity inclined and pedalling declined fellows such as myself who required CPR at 15km , I can take bunch to do laps/session features of trails like LL, Igor/NS and JJs then link up with the rest if theres any interest? Some really nice small to medium size drops, jumps, berms and a log roll.