Confessions from the fuckwits

moorey

call me Mia
Are you fitting a Manic or Trans X? I was referring to a Manic where the non ferruled end attaches at the bottom of the post.
TransX internal are same. External have nubbin on the bottom of post....at least that’s how mine are.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Cheers mate, I reckon thats what I'll try tonight. Dunno why Transx have decided to do it the hard way though, what you get from a cheap post I suppose.
Spec Command I used to have was the same. Start by running the outer through and out the top of the seat tube. "Fit" it to the housing stop in the bottom of the post and slide the post in roughly to insertion depth, sliding the housing back out the front of the bike as you go. Shape it up to the remote lever as normal and cut the housing, leaving yourself ~5cm grace (there's always room for a bit of excess cable somewhere in the routing). Pop the post back out and install the inner with the little barrel adapter doohickey and bob's your uncle.

Does the lever have a slotted barrel adjuster?

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Rubbing salt into the wound for @nathanm that even The Skewed Olive Man thinks it's easy
No shit stirrer, who thinks his wife should ride any mismatched colour bike because it'll do, I mean't "That's easy" my previous post comments stand. Can't you read my mind?

nathanm

Eats Squid
Jesus sorry all, I need to not work and rotorburn at the same time I'm confusing everyone including myself.

The Post is a X-Fusion Manic (not transx wtf was I typing) and the "nubbin" on the cable is at the lever (bar) end. So @leitch and @DMan are right in how to go about things by the looks.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Jesus sorry all, I need to not work and rotorburn at the same time I'm confusing everyone including myself.

The Post is a X-Fusion Manic (not transx wtf was I typing) and the "nubbin" on the cable is at the lever (bar) end. So @leitch and @DMan are right in how to go about things by the looks.
yep so you can insert post at right height, then check cable length, pull thru candle barrel stop, & snip off

nathanm

Eats Squid
They are a bit fiddly. My tip is attach the lever to the bars so you have the position right to work out your outer cable length. Then take the lever off and attach the inner and outer. Slide the whole thing into the frame so you can have the dropper out of the seatpost to attach the cable. Then slide it back through to attach the lever again to the bars. I had to take the bars off the stem to fit the lever and then reattach the bars and there wasn't enough "slack" to get the lever over the bar end after the dropper was it place
Jesus H Christ I am dumb.

I just looked up the instructions on line and they tell me to do exactly this. The dumb part, I had the user guide with me, I just didn't read after page 6/8 which even had pictures so I have absolutely no excuse.

Anyone wanna buy a bunch of bikes cheap, I obviously should not be allowed to own any.