Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

binner

Hath shat hymself
getting closer to restoration finish, just need to do subi engine swap and minor details.... will go up for sale then........
dynamat, central locking, power windows, new rubbers, new interior...... ej25 or ej 22 dunno which one and get those rims sorted out

Attachments

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Putting the input shaft seal on the inside is a bastard thing to do... Bloody Japanese.

My Reno Megane gearbox is the same, next week is the job of pulling it apart to replace one 6euro seal... Nissan heritage of the gearbox to blame, all proper Reno boxes it’s a 2 minute job from the bell housing side :(

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Spent a few minutes today looking at what will be needed to create the XR4.2.

There is enough length in the Fiesta engine bay but the problem is going to be the height of the V8 at the front. Happy to remote locate the radiator but whether there will be enough space to bulge the bonnet to clear the rocker covers will be the issue.

There is enough room behind the front seat and B pillar cage to fit the engine in the back and make it a mid engined rwd Fiesta. Not sure if any of us have the ability to drive the thing in that configuration though.

Anyway first step next week is to gut the Audi and throw away anything that isn't needed. Have two light seats to go in because both fronts are more lounge than sport and have electric everything and must weigh 40kg each. REar seat can come out too and all the trim except the front door cards.

It will be nice though to go from this

https://soundcloud.com/user-27512478%2Fdurio
to this

https://soundcloud.com/user-27512478%2Faudio
I need to check again but I think we need more noise reduction in the Audi though it is quieter than this

https://soundcloud.com/user-27512478%2Fn55io
Which is road legal.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
there will be plenty of room for radiators in the front when the Audi V8 is mounted behind the seats. It’s the only sensible solution.

Worked for Renault :)

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Jeff's cutting the Ferrari plenum, live a little...
Jeff is going to have huge issues with that soggy gearbox mount and nolathane engine mounts. We tried that on the XR4 before I cast new mounts. The suspension bushes were too rigid and destroyed the factory mounts in very little time. I know the factory plenum is sexy but ram stacks would look period.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Jeff is going to have huge issues with that soggy gearbox mount and nolathane engine mounts. We tried that on the XR4 before I cast new mounts. The suspension bushes were too rigid and destroyed the factory mounts in very little time. I know the factory plenum is sexy but ram stacks would look period.
Freaks me out that he’s doing it. Wonder what a new one from the parts dept goes for if it all goes wrong.

Should fit a stack of 45s instead.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Freaks me out that he’s doing it. Wonder what a new one from the parts dept goes for if it all goes wrong.

Should fit a stack of 45s instead.
Carbs? Not on that engine.a brace of 48IDAs would cost more than itbs. Then tuning it would be a nightmare. A few Zetecs are running 48DCOEs and the work arounds to get decent idle and top end are stupid, drilled bypass holes in butterflies etc. Injection every day.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Carbs? Not on that engine.a brace of 48IDAs would cost more than itbs. Then tuning it would be a nightmare. A few Zetecs are running 48DCOEs and the work arounds to get decent idle and top end are stupid, drilled bypass holes in butterflies etc. Injection every day.
Yep that's fair, all well above my pay grade. Will certainly be interesting to see how it turns out.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
The time has come to sell my Corolla. If any burners are interested, send me a PM for more info. It's a 1985 AE82 Liftback. 111,000km on the clock. Full service history back to 1985, and I'm the 2nd owner. Currently on club historic reg, non transferrable. Sold without rego or RWC, but was fully registered 2 years ago. Needs a new heater core and wiper blades and/or a friendly mechanic to register it fully again. Sold with stock steelies and near new tyres, not the wheels shown. Selling because it's just been sitting outside for the last year, I don't have the space to keep it in the good condition it is now and we've got a baby on the way.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The time has come to sell my Corolla. If any burners are interested, send me a PM for more info. It's a 1985 AE82 Liftback. 111,000km on the clock. Full service history back to 1985, and I'm the 2nd owner. Currently on club historic reg, non transferrable. Sold without rego or RWC, but was fully registered 2 years ago. Needs a new heater core and wiper blades and/or a friendly mechanic to register it fully again. Sold with stock steelies and near new tyres, not the wheels shown. Selling because it's just been sitting outside for the last year, I don't have the space to keep it in the good condition it is now and we've got a baby on the way.

Do you live in Sutherland?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk