V10 coolness

safreek

Well, this all started with my search for some forks for the GT, when I saw the v10 for sale I immediately thought the forks would suit fine.
The partner was consulted and it was agreed that the purchase would go ahead on the proviso that the frame was sold off to recoup some of the loot, I still can't believe that yarn was believed .
Enough raving anyway, obviously the GT is now laying on the floor whilst I gloat myself whenever I look at the v10

Basically it is a second generation v10, it has around 250mm of rear travel, enough travel to make the biggest gutter no longer a scary proposition. This is empowered by a 5th element shock, whom without would be just a shell of a bike.

This beast has been enabled by a friendly boxxer, they are now a couple. I am happy for them. World Cup partnership no less

Cool ol chainguide that actually rolls well without dragging too much. Xt cranks of the silver variety hooked to some 24 pedals

Rear wheel has 721 stickers on it so I will assume that is what it is. The rear hub is an aireal brand, oi oi oi.
The front wheel has the same shape so I will guess it is a 721 as well. It is hooked to an illicit industries hub, Aussie Aussie Aussie .
Don't worry about the surface rust on the rotor, the braking surface is fine

I have to say that the only thing that let me down a little bit was the fact that the pedal on the drive side is cross threaded, bloody stuck hard as. The only reason it let me down was I was planning on putting the fat gold pedals that I got off fatboy onto this baby. New crank time

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Some nice old school hubs on there! Hopefully for your sake it's the second version of the Aireal.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Yeah best of luck with the hub! My one ended up stretching at the spoke holes, breaking the axle & unravelling and splitting down the middle.

Would not recommend :p

safreek

That looks so good. Can't wait to see how you clean it up for a fire sale in a week or two!
Nar, haven't had to sell a bike in ages, it's great. Now I have a yeti and a Santa Cruz, pretty high class for this area.
In fact I may have lined up a different fork for this beast, the boxxer looks pretty namby pamby on this bike

safreek

Some nice old school hubs on there! Hopefully for your sake it's the second version of the Aireal.
I recon it must be if it's still running now :)
Yeah best of luck with the hub! My one ended up stretching at the spoke holes, breaking the axle & unravelling and splitting down the middle.

Would not recommend :p
they still seem to be running pretty well. That is with a couple of laps of the streets as a test
And you don't even ride that hard!..must be shit
Nar, Aussie Aussie Aussie oi oi oi

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I think it all looks great as it is.
Have you taken it out for a good ol' fashioned dirt ride yet?

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

safreek

They do look good. Keen to hear how they perform.
Be a while before they get a reasonable ride, injury and such.
Compensating for no riding by buying bike bits, it's getting harder to explain the really cheap parts, especially when they aren't all that cheap

safreek

Killer fork! Take care of them, spares would be rare as rocking...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cheers mate, all the fox 40s that I tried to buy kept getting sold to locals, I must say that I am pretty happy with this purchase though. Bit different than the usual suspects.
Am going to search for the thread where someone said they may have seals and bushings

safreek

Stoked your keeping then on the V10. Much cooler ride than that gt.
Darn right, the GT can just get the handdown boxxer.
The GT was actually an accidental purchase when I was fucking around with an app that didn't appear to work, it did work
Just rolled with it then and got some parts to suit. I actually have found it to be the only frame in my life that I have lost interest in with the build. They don't look as cool as I like the bike to be

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Be a while before they get a reasonable ride, being soft and such. Plus I'll probably sell it all on a week or so then wallow in self pity for a bit before trying again.
I totally hear you man. Always seems the pile gets bigger while I'm not on the bike. You need a sweet hardtail in that collection now for dog walks, shop runs, and park skids. Bert deserves it.

If you end up not wanting that Cole wheelset you got for the gt, I can help you out.