Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Anyone tried DIY ceramic coating...?
Yes. Piss easy, very time consuming.

Wash.
Dry.
Bug and tar treat everything including plastics and rubber
Wash.
Dry.
Clay bar.
Wash.
Dry.
Indoors apply ceramic. Can’t get wet or dusty for 24 hours.

Look at professional detailing retailers for product advice and the best product for your car, climate, where it’s parked, etc.

Took me 16 hours to achieve the gloss I was after, but it is as good as people suggest. Once treated you can soap the car with a foam lance and hose it off.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Yes. Piss easy, very time consuming.

Wash.
Dry.
Wash.
Dry.
Clay bar.
Wash.
Dry.
Indoors apply ceramic. Can’t get wet or dusty for 24 hours.

Look at professional detailing retailers for product advice and the best product for your car, climate, where it’s parked, etc.

Took me 16 hours to achieve the gloss I was after, but it is as good as people suggest. Once treated you can soap the car with a foam lance and hose it off.
Cool, ta. That sounds easier than the usual;

Wash.
Dry.
Wash.
Dry.
Clay bar.
Wash.
Dry.
polish
wash
dry
wax

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Jesus. The back of my car occasionally gets hosed if I leave the bike on the rack to clean it. Even when I tell myself I'll keep cars clean I just don't have the patience. Lucky I only own shit cars.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
When you have mad skilz.....
Nice job. Hat's off to anyone that's prepared to manually machine something like that. I did almost stop watching in the first few seconds when I saw the cutters floating loose in the draw. Not the sort of thing any self respecting machinist would do.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Anyone have any experience with the kei style of vehicles? It'll be for stuffing the bike into, inner city driving and the odd 50km round trip. 1 star ancap rating is expected. Looking at suzuki carry , daihatsu hijet even the nissan cube etc. Any others I might've missed?

binner

Hath shat hymself
Anyone have any experience with the kei style of vehicles? It'll be for stuffing the bike into, inner city driving and the odd 50km round trip. 1 star ancap rating is expected. Looking at suzuki carry , daihatsu hijet even the nissan cube etc. Any others I might've missed?

go the Rukus mate

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
go the Rukus mate
Cheers that looks like it would fit the bill, but I don't think they were brought into NZ. Even as jap imports. I should've added I'm looking at anywhere up to 2005-2006 so under $4000. This will be a daily.

Flow-Rider

Burner

They were great in their days but don't expect a power house, most likely run faster up hills. The old Hiace vans will be another option.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Also the fault of the flight forwarder - a totally inadequate box for a collection of bits that included 17kg flywheel... One of the oil filters was crushed and goes straight in the bin.