The QUICK question thread.....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hey guys, what sort of giant is this, not going to buy it but the frame looks pretty cool
That's a bit steep, but would be plenty of fun. Would probably suit your style too. People used to build those up for pedal up bomb down riding.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Hey guys, what sort of giant is this, not going to buy it but the frame looks pretty cool
Someone must have pulled the peanut up on it, because the ad heading now says Santa Cruz....

Jpez

Down on the left!
Is the cheap ass dot4 fluid from autobahn the same as the SRAM stuff? Any reason not to use it?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Is the cheap ass dot4 fluid from autobahn the same as the SRAM stuff? Any reason not to use it?
reason not to use it? Because you'll never really know...I've used plenty of off brand dot fluids over the years and not had issues.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Other than it being for SRAM brakes?
Was waiting for that. Heavy eye roll.

Dot 4 is dot 4. Scam brake fluid is nothing special.

@Jpez look up reviews on the stuff. It’ll work fine in your brake. I whacked some motorex stuff in my hopes I bought from a moto shop. Worked fine.
Cheers. Yeah thought as much but always worth asking a question before ending up in the FW thread(again)

moorey

call me Mia
Dot 4 is dot 4. Scam brake fluid is nothing special.

@Jpez look up reeviews on the stuff. It’ll work fine in your brake. I whacked some motorex stuff in my hopes I bought from a moto shop. Worked fine.
My comment was relating to my displeasure with SRAM brakes, not the specificity of the correct brand in SRAM brakes. @Jpez gets it...but wishes he didn’t.

stirk

Burner
I'm replacing my cassette which is 11-42 with an 11-46.

How many more chain links will I need on the new chain.

I'm tired after painting walls all day and full of French onion soup and red wine so need the collective minds to provide a simple answer. Xx

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Stirk the answer is full XTR groupset.

The collective mind has agreed XTR is the answer, we are anticipating domestic tension, so we have agreed your lovely wife shall take the kids away to see her parents for the entire school holidays.

Hope this is acceptable. Shall we leave a note next to the kettle so she finds it?

stirk

Burner
With this advice and a bottle of red wine in my belly I'm not going near the bike tonight as there is only one thread I'll end up in...

Fek and I want to ride tomorrow!

I'll slap on the old drive train again and wear it out some more.

2 links or 4??