What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Another new tyre on the duallie. 2.5 DD Aggressor this time. In 800km I have killed 3 rear and 1 front tyre (all had repairs and were killed again). I suspect geo like a DH bike makes a bike chew out tyres like a DH bike. I am not far off running DH casing in the rear of this thing.

My trail bike didn't kill tyres like this and I never ran DD. Actually my 160 forked agro hardtail is only on EXO and no problems.

mark22

Likes Dirt
Did you notice theres 2 manuals for the C1 upgrade? (latest is rev B I believe)
They added in:
  • Put 3ml of 0-30w on the air spring uppers
  • Put drops of 0-30w on the shaft.
Never seen that before on RS fork service manuals before

I did mine with grease only and noticed some stiction, added more grease , and the above two and it helped.
They mention 3ml on top of the piston if using RS dynamic seal grease which is much thicker that slick honey or RS butter.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Used an old piece of iron to beat some carbon into submission last night.

Have really ramped my riding up in the last 6 weeks and starting to feel the benefits. Getting help for some mental shit as many are and came to the realisation that I'm a lazy fuck on and off the bike, so riding harder is part of solution.

Anyway, passing expensive kitted out roadies on a mtb with knobbies in my boardies and t-shirt always feels good. 20km home commute done right.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Had been having some issues with a piston not retracting on the front M8000 caliper for a bit making pad alignment etc a PITA. Anyway, decided I'd pull the trigger and throw an 8100 caliper on and deal with rebuilding the M8000 some other time. Looking forward to testing it out on the weekend.

Also made a contribution to the fuckwit's thread while I was at it.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Early start at the Youies, a bit brisk but a lovely morning for it.
Holy shit, the crowds though! It's been busy for the last few weeks but this was something else. And huge groups too, obviously quite a few families decided to meet up for a ride and the lack of social distancing in the carpark was a bit alarming...
Every single trail had people on it (which was a bit of a bummer as I like the solitude) but for the most part everyone was looking out for each other and you could overtake or give way as needed. Did almost have an incident on Lactic where I was charging* down and encountered about 10 people coming up the rock section. With the speed you can carry down that track, plus the poor sight-lines, it really is time they made it one way and built another technical climbing track.

*charging for me anyway

Haakon

Keeps on digging
No damage photos to post. It’s fine. Right pedal and right bar end show evidence of dirt dig in. Maybe I just ran wide where the trail is cut into the hill a bit, pedal struck the dirt wall. That’s yanked the bike right and the bar dug in while i was busy finding rocks on the side of the trail and helpfully protecting the bike from damage with my body.