What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Just when u thought my bike couldn't get sillier debuted the Dingle speed setup at Harcourt, mostly cos my chiro witchDr wants me to keep my HR down for a bit, picked up a new xt 24t off a Sunbury guy, the 24)19 was perfect for climbing, I need slightly more than 32 going down but 36t ring wouldn't fit, need boost cranks

Also picked up @glenn1529 rubbish Diamondback deathtrap from Bendigo, canti brakes, unusable fork etc

glenn1529

Likes Dirt
Survived my formative years on an identical deathtrap many moons ago, taught me to stare fear in the eye. Also impressed the chicks with sick skids and wheelies.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Just when u thought my bike couldn't get sillier debuted the Dingle speed setup at Harcourt, mostly cos my chiro witchDr wants me to keep my HR down for a bit, picked up a new xt 24t off a Sunbury guy, the 24)19 was perfect for climbing, I need slightly more than 32 going down but 36t ring wouldn't fit, need boost cranks
View attachment 364435
View attachment 364436

Also picked up @glenn1529 rubbish Diamondback deathtrap from Bendigo, canti brakes, unusable fork etc
So you would rather run a front derailleur than a progressive spread of gears at the back.. slaps forehead :rolleyes:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The Larsen seemed like a decent tyre at the time. It was probably shit though, just less shit than the crossmark!
Nah I love them too! I spent the afternoon shredding around the local on them. I'm not sure I'd like to try and rail a safe rocky ride on them, but on hard pack dirt/clay they are great

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Or not and shoulder charged into the ground...however it happened you definitely fucked yourself up good. You must be stoked to be out of the hospital?
Fuck yes! They did a great job, but damn it’s good to have some quiet. Dogs were even pleased to see me.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
So you would rather run a front derailleur than a progressive spread of gears at the back.. slaps forehead :rolleyes:
i’d b chastised by my avocado eating fixie riding hipster vegan boutique beer brunswick crew

ps would really like an electronic front derailleur w push button, no one appears to make for mtb anymore

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fuck yes! They did a great job, but damn it’s good to have some quiet. Dogs were even pleased to see me.
Dogs are good like that. Last time I was real busted up and still had dogs they got all confused. I spent a few days on the floor (bed was a tower/loft bed) and I think they both thought I was going to die. One keep guarding me and i reckon the other wanted to eat me. Both spent a lot of time sniffing the spots that were all bruised up.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Dogs are good like that. Last time I was real busted up and still had dogs they got all confused. I spent a few days on the floor (bed was a tower/loft bed) and I think they both thought I was going to die. One keep guarding me and i reckon the other wanted to eat me. Both spent a lot of time sniffing the spots that were all bruised up.
Yep. Very interested in my barked knee, and looking offended when they were shooed sitting on me...

Apparently they were moochy and wondering wtf I went. At least someone likes me :)

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Nice, where was that?
Warby ranges behind Wangaratta. Mostly cross country stuff but has a few good techy downhill bursts.
We had our first ride there last weekend, and it was great. We'll be back for sure, as we did one side of it and Trailforks tells me that there is about the same amount of trails again, that we didn't do. Next time. Ha ha, most of the "few good techy downhill bursts" for us, involved walking... but, running flats helped though, and the more rocks you ride, the better you get. I'm just fricken old though and don't bounce like I used too.

Your bike looks good.

Last edited: