M1 mid-school dream bike project

fastrider gus

super huck
The mighty M1 was always a dream bike back in the day, one of the best bikes you'd see at local races!
I was saving most of these parts for a different bike, but when an old mate advertised this M1 frame i just had to have it!
Suspension needs a rebuild, bearings, shock, and a fork service (even though theyre NOS, they dropped their guts on the shelf)
Gonna keep the patina of the original paint/decals. Its not beaten up at all, just seen some shit!
Just needs cassette/chainring/chain, new bottom bracket, pedals and rotors.
Im not sure of leaving the hadley/mtx combo on it or switching wheels up completely, could change to 321s or 1st gen Deemax or new 823 tubeless rims on red hadley 108s or black Biguns...

Anyway.. when its done, it will make a good rider. Wont be thrashed, just for sunny day cruisin.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Are they Dorado Carbon unicorns I see?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Looks awesome man. Amazing how steep the head angle looks these days (maybe it’s just the photos). Either way - sick bike

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Those carbon MRP guides used to cost an absolute fortune! You’ll have to get it up to cairns for the retro dh runs when Gravitate is back on.

fastrider gus

super huck
Those carbon MRP guides used to cost an absolute fortune! You’ll have to get it up to cairns for the retro dh runs when Gravitate is back on.
I got this one NOS from a bloke in Italy, got sent to my door in like 5 days! Ill be very weary of rocks with this badboy!
Cairns would be a rippa holiday

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Looks like a lot of fun.

After getting over the HTA, I’m reminded we’ve all probably forgotten how skinny tyres were back then.