The QUICK question thread.....

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
looking for a west/nth melb supplier of hex head metric bolts for pedals, found couple places near dandenong that do a 100 for $7-8, but even i’m not driving that far, don’t want to order online delivery = slow, any suggestions for stainless bolts

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Shock servicing for Vic. 200x57 basic monarch. Everyone seems to want $250+ for a shock service and that's with me taking it off the bike. Really?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Shock servicing for Vic. 200x57 basic monarch. Everyone seems to want $250+ for a shock service and that's with me taking it off the bike. Really?
Try Astroboy maybe but yeah... Most shock services are at least that much for full strip and rebuild.

Edit: otherwise Cyclinic is $195 inc postage both ways. And they're brilliant. Last time I had a shock serviced by them I sent it Monday and had it back on Friday in time for weekend riding.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Last time I had a shock serviced by them I sent it Monday and had it back on Friday in time for weekend riding.
They’re saying that they’ve been swamped lately during the covid period so turnaround is a touch longer at present apparently.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
They’re saying that they’ve been swamped lately during the covid period so turnaround is a touch longer at present apparently.
Yeah I've been getting that a lot in covid. I mean I can understand bike sales off the cahrts but even dedicated servicing folks are getting swamped. Maybe people are dusting off their old rigs.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Why doesn't little things I hate thread show up on my phone? I have to search for it every time I think to use it...have I changed a setting somehow? Damn thread is busy and interesting.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I second the Summit suggestion. Got mine done there recently (they had availability 24 hrs after I called) and the service/labour was much less than $250. My shock did need a fair bit of TLC to get it going but for a basic service (no seal replacement etc) you should be looking at around $100 less than what you've been quoted elsewhere.
And there's the added bonus that you can check out all the bikes you'll never be able to afford during pick up/drop off...