What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I know a lot of people here will say the cheaper lights are fine blah blah blah but if you are hooked really get a quality set of lights and it is literally night and day the light you get. I don’t want to start a discussion here as there is the lights mega thread - but as someone who happily bought the eBay specials and “cheaper” lights and moved to Exposure lights I can never go back to lesser lights - being able to adjust the brightness to allow the contours and contrasts of the trail made me so much faster.
Shouldn’t you be driving right now?

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Survived my first ever night ride. Was a bit worried when the majority of the group were in full face and armour.

First half was a battle with one light on trails I've never ridden. Left the group half way through and rode solo on trails I know pretty well for the second hour and found it alot more fun.

Time to order another set of lights and sort the hoses out so I'm not blocking the ones I already have...

View attachment 365218
Helmet mount the light... it’s much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
I know a lot of people here will say the cheaper lights are fine blah blah blah but if you are hooked really get a quality set of lights and it is literally night and day the light you get. I don’t want to start a discussion here as there is the lights mega thread - but as someone who happily bought the eBay specials and “cheaper” lights and moved to Exposure lights I can never go back to lesser lights - being able to adjust the brightness to allow the contours and contrasts of the trail made me so much faster.
Yeah, I could definitely see the difference between the higher end stuff and my Chinese light. I'm not really sure yet whether this night riding stuff will be a regular thing or not, especially with a group of enduro racers - the cheap stuff will do me until I work that out.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah, I could definitely see the difference between the higher end stuff and my Chinese light. I'm not really sure yet whether this night riding stuff will be a regular thing or not, especially with a group of enduro racers - the cheap stuff will do me until I work that out.
Who wants to spend their nights with a bunch of wankers

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Got the tubeless front happening for the Avanti with a fresh 2.4 Ardent. Made a nice schrader hole adaptor out of some old alloy tubing I had lying around, for the Mongoose vintage tubeless attempt. Now to spend way too much time scouring off the awfully tough residue from 20 year old adhesive cloth rim tape.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I'd only watched the Stans conversion video where they use sealing tape and strips. Apparently with strips you can just leave your normal rim tape. Gonna give that a go instead of cleaning all the residue off.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
And that didn't work, I used non sticky stretchy rim tape but it leaked around the hole. Got some tape left, don't think I'll bother making the front tubeless because it took quite a few goes to get the Panaracer reissue Smoke to bead.