Ooooh My Orbea Occam

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So after riding a steel hardtail for the past 5 years, I started looking for a new school Carbon trail bike. Ripley, ripmo, Stumpjumper,
Rascal and trail 429 all on the short list. No real sign at the start of the Occam, didn’t really know much about Orbea to be honest.
Step in Davy Sprocket who is an Orbea dealer who just happened to have a demo rig for riding. After testing a few bikes already and not jelling with any of them, 10 minutes aboard The Occam and I knew it was perfect for Me.

Bike: Orbea Occam M10 Orbea Customised Paint - Pure Red and Graphite
Suspension: Fox 34 and Dpx2 Factory
Drivetrain: Shimano XT
Brakes: XT 4 Pot
Handlebar: Raceface Next
Wheels: DT Swiss XM1650 (upgraded 54t Ratchet)
Ergon Grips, Hope F20 pedals (coming) and frameskin.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
That's a snazzy paint job, would like some more close up pics of that detail.

I'm a big fan of Orbea, bought a carbon road bike, which I still have, 10 years ago. Love the idea of crazy Basque folk handlaying frames. While most other brands were dumbing down their geo for lower spec bikes, Orbea ran the same race pedigree geo through all levels.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
That looks like a shit hot trail bike!
Just watched a few reviews, I think you've picked a winner. Gorgeous frame.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That looks like a shit hot trail bike!
Just watched a few reviews, I think you've picked a winner. Gorgeous frame.
That was the funny thing, I didn’t see any reviews really until after I rode it, had to search hard for a meh Review and pretty much every review I found agreed with my own thoughts.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I'm a big fan of Orbea, bought a carbon road bike, which I still have, 10 years ago. Love the idea of crazy Basque folk handlaying frames. While most other brands were dumbing down their geo for lower spec bikes, Orbea ran the same race pedigree geo through all levels.

Amazing company from being owned by a co op of workers and starting out in 1840 making arms for the revolution. Carbon layup all in house in Spain amazing value for money too when compared spec wise with even trek and specialized. Close up are tough after frameskin but here goes

SDA

Likes Dirt
Nice one! Good idea getting frameskin.

I'm a big fan of Orbea too. I've had my Rallon coming up to two years now. Usually I am looking for my next bike by now, but not this year. Nothing else has taken my interest... yet. :D

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

I have an Orca from that era, best handling road bike I've ridden. Fucking huge dog knocked me off it doing 40kmh and bent it. Hoping one day to send it off and see if it can be resurrected.

An Alma is on the wish list.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So after a long lay off which included a stint in Hospital with burst appendix, a lapse in with the black dog and general life busy shit with work and kids. I have been back on the bike for about 3 weeks and it’s really the first time I’ve ridden this gem. I know everyone loves their bike to a degree but this thing is amazing. After coming off a steel hardtail I am re learning that I can now ride lines of chunk instead of having to be picky where I point it. It’s a dream to climb on - tops for traction and it really allows me to sit back, pedal and hold on with confidence. Glad to be be back out and about and a week in the high country has been awesome...

Minlak

custom titis
So after a long lay off which included a stint in Hospital with burst appendix, a lapse in with the black dog and general life busy shit with work and kids. I have been back on the bike for about 3 weeks and it’s really the first time I’ve ridden this gem. I know everyone loves their bike to a degree but this thing is amazing. After coming off a steel hardtail I am re learning that I can now ride lines of chunk instead of having to be picky where I point it. It’s a dream to climb on top for traction and it really allows me to sit back, pedal and hold on with confidence. Glad to be be back out and about and a week in the high country has been awesome...
The best bike in the world is the bike you enjoy