A Long Pole

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
After a long wait due to multiple factors (manufacture, covid, OS freight and Pole's very average CS) it finally arrived last week after 11 months.

Perfect timing for stage 4 lockdown it would seem! Had all the parts sitting around for 7 months waiting to go on. After 2x small rides it feels like a steam train. Still needs some dialling in but looking forward to all the tinkering

Pole Stamina 180 XL
Manitou Mezzer Pro 180mm
EXT Storia V3
TRP DHRs W/ 223mm rotors
SRAM X01 Eagle Groupset
DT Swiss 240/EX511
PNW 200mm Dropper
SQLab Grips and Saddle
One Up EDC Stem
One Up Carbon Bars (awaiting delivery)
HT X2 Pedals
Rimpact Pro Inserts
Continental Baron/Trail King

Weight 16.1kg

IMG_20200821_192630_copy_1200x1600.jpg

IMG_20200821_192315_copy_1200x1600.jpg

IMG_20200821_192403_copy_1200x1600.jpg

IMG_20200821_192417_copy_1200x1600.jpg

Last edited:

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice pick, you're a more patient man than I am. Comparisons with the Prime, and do you plan to keep both?

Would love to hear how that coil feels too!

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Nice pick, you're a more patient man than I am. Comparisons with the Prime, and do you plan to keep both?

Would love to hear how that coil feels too!
I didn't have much if any patience left in me by the end. Compared to the Prime the Stamina just plows through the rough like it's not even there. The speed of the bike is incredible I just need to adapt.
The EXT is really sensitive, pushing on the seat with a finger you will engage the shock. Needs some fine tuning obviously but feels great so far. Just need to get used to the noise of it.
Always planned on keeping the Prime as my trail/all rounder bike. The Stamina is just a different beast to the Prime. The Stamina feels almost like a DH bike against the Prime. Although the Prime is the heavier of the two. Go figure!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I didn't have much if any patience left in me by the end.
That’s saying something.
All my toys would have been out of the cot well before the 11 month mark.
Stoked your happy with it though! Already having a baller bike to ride must have helped alot.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That’s saying something.
All my toys would have been out of the cot well before the 11 month mark.
Guaranteed, if I were waiting that long, someone would going on the news tonight. Such would be the tantrum. Channel 7 helicopter circling over my house...

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I didn't have much if any patience left in me by the end. Compared to the Prime the Stamina just plows through the rough like it's not even there. The speed of the bike is incredible I just need to adapt.
The EXT is really sensitive, pushing on the seat with a finger you will engage the shock. Needs some fine tuning obviously but feels great so far. Just need to get used to the noise of it.
That's what tempts me with a coil, the sensitivity and ground hugging nature of it. Noise? What sort of noise is it? Forgive me but I thought coils would be pretty quiet.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
How tall are you out of interest?
I am 6'4" hence the XL sizing.

That's what tempts me with a coil, the sensitivity and ground hugging nature of it. Noise? What sort of noise is it? Forgive me but I thought coils would be pretty quiet.
The EXT's are noisier than any other coil due to their design. Essentially sounds like a mini air blow off.

Good luck mate. I took one of these home in January and sent it back in March after it snapped in half. Still awaiting to see when they are going to ship a replacement.
Hope yours is built better than mine!
Was it one of the updated frames with the new rear ends? My brother broke his after riding it with a known defect for a while so his fault,

Have you managed to get a date out of Pole yet?

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Noiceeee! Damn u have patience waiting for 11 months plus all the shenanigans with their postal service.

I have my own dramas with Pole which I'm not going to rant over here, but I'm jealous! Damnnn!

PJO

in me vL comy
Looks amazing.
Can you post a few more close ups of the frame, want to see the machining details.

Kinda looks like the frame has a boner with the shock angled upward like that. Appropriate for a Pole I guess.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Noiceeee! Damn u have patience waiting for 11 months plus all the shenanigans with their postal service.

I have my own dramas with Pole which I'm not going to rant over here, but I'm jealous! Damnnn!
It did sit at the airport for 13 weeks before it was finally sent back to Pole HQ.

It seems many do which is a shame but lets hope the CS improves.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
It did sit at the airport for 13 weeks before it was finally sent back to Pole HQ.

It seems many do which is a shame but lets hope the CS improves.
Ah yes mine did as well. But I opted for the refund as they wanted me to pay for postage. I bought the frame when they had a special deal on free postage. Thus when the frame was returned, they wanted me to pay postage to have it posted here which I refuse.

I agree they need to improve on the CS. They also need to stop over-promising on delivery date.

Regardless, congrats on your stamina! It's a killer of a bike!

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Ah yes mine did as well. But I opted for the refund as they wanted me to pay for postage. I bought the frame when they had a special deal on free postage. Thus when the frame was returned, they wanted me to pay postage to have it posted here which I refuse.

I agree they need to improve on the CS. They also need to stop over-promising on delivery date.

Regardless, congrats on your stamina! It's a killer of a bike!
They certainly are a frustrating bunch at the best of times. I still had to pay additional of $165 with UPS or it was a refund.
I think that is where they go wrong is over promising which leads to dissapointment and frustratuon.
What did you end up with in the end?