What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I think this one.

Nice but short loop. There is an extension in the works at the mo.
Thanks, added some info to that thread! Keen to see extensions

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Faaark @Chriso_29er that went pretty fucking pear shaped quick in the vid! Almost like when F1 cars just float into oblivion after losing contact!!!

At least you didn't do what another mate of mine did riding this weekend, with a helicopter ride out for his trouble:

"Detached and inverted forearm and bones pushed out with lots of blood"

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So, catching up after a busy weekend. That sucks C29. You bounced up pretty quick in the video, how long did it take for the adrenaline to wear off?
Slight editing licence ha ha, was sitting there for about a minute. But yeah, adrenaline managed to get me back on the bike and rode out. Got home became a mess while trying to tidy up a little before going to hospital.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
All the collarbones... my 2 boys broke theirs in the last year, plated !!! They were healed in 2 weeks... happens when you are 13yrs old.

I asked for them to be plated, the Doc says "if that collarbone is not joined up in a week I will plate it"... he was right. Both boys, they were riding 4 weeks later.

Us old cunt$, it takes a little bit longer.

The break is one thing, the muscle/joint trauma is another.... mine was 2yrs from feeling 100%.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'll keep you in mind Poodle. For the moment they are having a run on this frame, mainly to see if there are any issues with them that I need to fix.
I'm sure you are aware they are not a svelte fork, added the best part of a kilo to the front of the bike!
Would like to get them onto a frame they were designed for, the old man is going to turn up a streerer extension when he gets time.
Totems are my favourite fork ever. I've had a lot of sets and they inspire confidence.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Rode out with a broken collarbone...
That initial whack of endorphins can be quite effective!! I thought about riding, it was literally a downhill roll down a fire road to the car park. But wasn’t happening - walking the 1-2kms was hard enough...

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
One for yesterday - but I'd just got around to putting the lights and some better tires on the mtb so that I could do some night riding around the streets as there's nothing else going right now. 30 minutes after I'd finished they announced the curfew from 8pm...
Fate is a cruel bitch

danncam

Likes Dirt
Gave the Norco the snip as the 170 dropper is too long and at its full extenion was too . Wish I got a shorter drop, the seat feels too low when dropped all the way, I'm used to using my thighs to guide the bike I think. So far I just drop it part way now. Hopefully I'll get used to it.

Apologies if the photo and obviously poorly maintained bike triggers anyone :)

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Wish I got a shorter drop, the seat feels too low when dropped all the way, I'm used to using my thighs to guide the bike I think. So far I just drop it part way now. Hopefully I'll get used to it.
Yikes cutting the frame down but it will probably be fine :) People hate on the Specco Command Post but I find the mechanical indexing is useful, the bottom of the indexing gives me a nice height for thigh control, and then just slam all the way when it gets more rowdy.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yes. I’m 7 weeks in and just got woken up by my broken ribs... Still on painkillers.
Head back to the Doc's and see if there's anything they can do, that's a long time unhealed and still causing pain.

I broke 3 on the Bay of Fires trail in Tassie this year, within 2-3 weeks they were joined back together.

One of them must have rejoined a bit out of whack because when I roll on it at night, it stabs me, can also rub a finger over it and feel the sharp bit.