Little Things You Hate

ausdb

Being who he is
Menulog riders...I got cleaned up crossing the road last night by one of these muppets doing about 30 undercutting a bus, scooter and rider ended up 15 metres down the street (I hope it wasn't a pizza in his bag) and I got spun into the bus, knee and ribs are tender as today.
One would hardly call them riders tho, at least in Perth most just pilot some shitty ass e=bike conversion and do as little pedalling as possible...
The clown was probably looking at their phone more than the road

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Got swooped twice yesterday by magpies. Both times they were pretty half hearted attempts, but this seems really early in the year for the magpies to firing up.
Bird flew?

Lucky we don't have global warming messing up with their routines and bring this shit around more often.

Menulog riders...I got cleaned up crossing the road last night by one of these muppets doing about 30 undercutting a bus, scooter and rider ended up 15 metres down the street (I hope it wasn't a pizza in his bag) and I got spun into the bus, knee and ribs are tender as today.
Sounds like a less than fun situation

moorey

call me Mia
Got swooped twice yesterday by magpies. Both times they were pretty half hearted attempts, but this seems really early in the year for the magpies to firing up.
We have mosquitos. Mid winter. In Ballarat. All the water outside is frozen over a couple of times a week. We never get mozzies until mid spring. Shit is whack.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
man I love magpies. Coolest little arseholes ever. Used to have one come up to our kitchen window and make the biggest racket asking to be fed.
Ol’ one eye (he/she only had one eye you see) would tap on the window like “oi! I see you in there, give me some of that mince”

Wrong thread for this but I had this little one join me for a pit stop out on a ride last weekend. Cheeky as, flew down onto the handelbars of my bike, took a dump (not on the bike, bonus) then flew down a foot or two away. Kept looking pointedly between me and my snack clearly indicating "I know you're holding bro, gimmie some of that." Hard to refuse.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
View attachment 365572

Wrong thread for this but I had this little one join me for a pit stop out on a ride last weekend. Cheeky as, flew down onto the handelbars of my bike, took a dump (not on the bike, bonus) then flew down a foot or two away. Kept looking pointedly between me and my snack clearly indicating "I know you're holding bro, gimmie some of that." Hard to refuse.
Butcherbirds are awesome things. If they have any excess food they stash it in trees/hanging baskets/clothelines for later. Mum's fed her local Magpies for years, morning noon and night, but the butcherbirds got in on the action a few years back too. I find them more fun if I'm honest - they love an acrobatic challenge when throwing them food, track down anything they drop no matter how hard it is to find - and if you know their calls and can whistle loudly enough you can call them in from a few blocks away.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
View attachment 365572

That's a Butcherbird, not a magpie. ;)

I've got both maggies and butchers around my place; I reckon the maggies have got a whole dynasty going, 'cos they've been here since it was my grandparents' place. Funny thing about them is if they know you, they won't go you - not one of them has ever had a go at me! :)

The butcherbirds are more recent arrivals. Had one outside my window on the weekend impersonating the neighbouring turtle doves! :p

Last edited:

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Fuck. Bought something on Kogan about 6 months ago and just realised they’ve been taking 12 bucks a month off my card for some sort of membership I never signed up for... Seems to be a scam many people have been done for, an opt out thing they don’t tell you about...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fuck. Bought something on Kogan about 6 months ago and just realised they’ve been taking 12 bucks a month off my card for some sort of membership I never signed up for... Seems to be a scam many people have been done for, an opt out thing they don’t tell you about...
You must be stoked with that!

Minlak

custom titis
so stoked... seems to be a common thing and no one gets their money back. Kogan just say “it’s in the fine print”. I really hate being ripped off...
Ripped off is when you were not given an opportunity to be aware of what you were getting - not availing yourself of the information available at the time of purchase is your carelessness not a rip off

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Ripped off is when you were not given an opportunity to be aware of what you were getting - not availing yourself of the information available at the time of purchase is your carelessness not a rip off
It’s deliberately misleading - not opt in and their intentions are hidden. That’s a ripoff.