What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

nathanm

Eats Squid
Kid went to an impromptu sleepover so the dog and I hit up glenorchy mountain bike park for a quick run.

Had a crook gut early this morning so the climb was tough with a headache and the spectral is no xc race machine but still set a respectable comparative time for me.

The descent was an absolute hoot though and for the first time I not only kept up with the dog but she actually slowed me down.

She probably thought it was justice for slowing her down on the climb, though it does give her time to flush out and point wallabies and get in an extra 10km or so going up the trail, back down, back up, back down, off some random side track, up that other hill, down that other hill and so on.

LTIL: using your gsp for judging your speed/skill.

moorey

call me Mia
Do you actually think it’s that worth the $100 premium? - asking for a friend :) - I have always been happy with XT level shifter but maybe I’m missing something ?
I’ve never paid more than about $75 for one, when the XT equivalent was around $60 anyway. Would I pay $100 more for slightly, though not game changing improvement? Yeah nah.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Do you actually think it’s that worth the $100 premium? - asking for a friend :) - I have always been happy with XT level shifter but maybe I’m missing something ?
Probably not. But, it will depend on what budget you have.
I sold the upgrades to the wife as significantly cheaper than a new bike $1.5k v $6k so she is happy and I got to splash on a couple of things...

Scotty675

Cable thief
I have xtr on a couple of bikes. They are a nice shifter. I bought an xt to do a comparison but haven't tried it yet. Visual difference is a shiny shift lever and rubber on both levers for finger pleasure. Shifting both in hand (not on bike or cable fitted), the xt feels a little crisper in the shift. Typically I've found xtr levers to be a little lighter. I will experiment one day.
I'm not sure these days if it's worth the extra cash. Xt falls closer to xtr these days I believe.
I also bought an xtr derailleur cause I found one cheap to compare the difference but once again yet to be tested.

Minlak

custom titis
Probably not. But, it will depend on what budget you have.
I sold the upgrades to the wife as significantly cheaper than a new bike $1.5k v $6k so she is happy and I got to splash on a couple of things...
I encourage people all the time to spend the most they can afford on anything - just wanted to know if I was ordering one now :)

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Having never run them, is it worth waiting for the racematrix to come back in stock? They only have sintered in stock. I only have sintered shimano as a reference.
I think they're worth it. If you need something now the e-matrix are good too https://www.uberbikecomponents.com/...420-4-Piston-E-Bike-Endurance-Disc-Brake-Pads.

Other options are the Trickstuff power+ pads from Ze Germans. Or the Discobrake copper free https://www.discobrakes.com/?s=0&t=0&c=14&p=698#top

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk