Hibike, Starbike, no more Sram to Australia!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Wowza USA to Melbourne in 3 days flat. Got to be kidding me! No tax too!
I had a pair of wheels come with DHL from Chain Reaction in 6 days last week, tracking showed they came via the US.

I really think the main trick at the moment is just don't buy stuff from the German sellers if you want it soon. Evidently there's still enough freight coming from the US and UK to Aus with the big logistics companies that they're sending planes pretty regularly.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
How much was shipping?
$100 AUD roughly with DHL express. Pretty steep, but it was for a big bulky item. Given ze germans are asking 40 euros and the exchange rate, turned out cheaper from the US. I haven't bought anything from the US since parity days, but keen to look into it now. Their range seems bigger and (no geoblocking!)

Reactions: PJO

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Double bumped it, Bike24 and CRC, though thinking CRC will come a bit quicker, hopefully.

As said before, CRC is now $200 for free postage, though only $10 extra for 3-4 day express so took that option due to #2 needing a new rear rim relatively soon as its dinged pretty bad and currently needs 30psi to keep it inflated tubeless.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Anyone put in an order from Hibike or bike-components the past few weeks? If so, were there any irregularities other than a few weeks delay?

I saw OzzyBMX contacted Hibike and they mentioned a per kg fee on top of shipping.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
attempted to get a new pair of either the alivio boost crankset from bike24, as they are only 39/41 euro - product won’t ship to australia, bugger, can only find deore locally at bikebug for 150 for similar 2x boost shimano crankset
verynlittle of the new deore groupset s appears to be out yet

Binaural

Eats Squid
Who's using freight forwarding regularly? I am buying a fair bit of Shimano stuff soon and I don't really want to pay way over the odds for the privilege of slower service.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Who's using freight forwarding regularly? I am buying a fair bit of Shimano stuff soon and I don't really want to pay way over the odds for the privilege of slower service.
I use comgateway from the US. They are very good.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

I saw OzzyBMX contacted Hibike and they mentioned a per kg fee on top of shipping.
I believe it still stands. The same info quoting the additional charges is still current on the DHL site.

HiBike is my goto store usually but this threat of additional charge is annoying.

Bike24 again, price matched 3 items with HiBike so it worked out alright.

Tracking says its on the runway, waiting on more packages, so get ordering :p

ozzybmx

Just checked my tracking status, strangely my CRC package that I paid extra for express, went through Frankfurt Germany on the 12th, also the bottom pic is of my Bike24 tracking, also in Frankfurt on the 12th.

A few weeks back, a Bike24 package arrived before the tracking was updated, but it was only 1 day behind, the CRC package is in Melbourne now so that's pretty good, all depends on how long it stays there for.

You would have thought DHL would have shipped all packages in the same airport destined for Aus in the one go.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
My crc package went through LA. Ordered last Thursday, on my door step yesterday.

That’s the quickest I’ve had my crc parcel delivered to me. Almost matching the amount of time it takes aust post to deliver my parcel from mtbdirect!