Aldi bike sale

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Got some Yetti shorts but the wrong size if anyone wants them. 2XL (which is 36-39?). I haven't tried on the inners but he outer shell feels like my 36 TLD shorts. Two pairs.

Why do we call shorts and pants pairs? Pair of legs = one pant? One pant = one pair? One pair != two pants?
Because pantaloons came one for each leg back in the days when they were made out of Yetti hair.

I used the gloves on my commute today, I think the position of the padding might suit the wider bars better than the drops. They just didn't seem quite right, they weren't uncomfortable but I knew I was wearing them.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I picked the stand up also. Question - What is the ideal clamp location? Are there concerns with clamping an AL frame (top-tube)? Or should I clamp the dropper post? (Pre-dropper I clamped the seat post..)
I've always clamped on the top tube, once you get the right spot you can get the bike to balance nicely. You don't need to clamp it up that tight either.

You can put something on the clamp if you're worried about marking the frame, I used a couple of offcuts of thin plastic used for lining draws in the kitchen.

ausdb

Being who he is
Don't do it the five leg design sucks ass big time, see my comments in the bargain buys thread

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Anyone need a cheap bike stand Aldi 22 aug special buys.
Unfortunately most Aldi mechanical stuff is rubbish for punters.
Tools and appliances are just waiting to go to landfill , unenvironmental , made in sweatshops and should be banned.
Some people dont know what quality is.
Quality is something that does the job properly without mods and fixing and can be sold 2nd hand when you have finished.
Aldi / Crane clothes , beer , dry food pasta etc are good however.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Unfortunately most Aldi mechanical stuff is rubbish for punters.
Tools and appliances are just waiting to go to landfill , unenvironmental , made in sweatshops and should be banned.
Some people dont know what quality is.
Quality is something that does the job properly without mods and fixing and can be sold 2nd hand when you have finished.
Aldi / Crane clothes , beer , dry food pasta etc are good however.
Aldi dishwasher, 5 years old nearly, never had any repairs.
Aldi camping solar panel. 6 years old at least, I love it.
Bike tool kit is great. I'll admit I grab other tools first but for a weekend away it's brilliant.
A mate (shipwright by trade) recommended the Taurus cordless drill when my Ryiobi one died. The Aldi one has lasted longer.
The Aldi Le Creuset copy cookwear is brilliant

Their beer and food is utter shite, I've bought a couple of things and been really disappointed. maybe if you kept it to staples like flour, salt etc. it might be OK.
Even though I've already mentioned the beer I should actually give a warning about it, it really is shit and made for cheapskates. If I'm doing you a favour , not taking money and I say just give me a six pack. Don't buy Aldi beer.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Which beer did you buy? I didn't mind the North of Nowhere I got a while back, and the price was hard to argue even if I didn't love it.
I've not actually bought any after trying a couple that other people bought. I can't remember the names but 1 came in a blue can, another was in Boags rip off packaging and there was another one that I would know if I saw it, it was named after some probably non existent dude..

kiwiinmelb

Likes Dirt
Reminds me, im a self emloyed tradie, and a few years ago , a supplier of materials i buy dropped off a few xmas presents at a job site , included was a slab I had never seen before , I looked at this beer and thought cool, looks like some expensive exotic craft beer ,that will be nice over xmas,

When i got home and showed the wife ,she said, thats the beer they sell in Aldi cheap ,

forgotten the name , it wasnt great .

tobbogonist

a registered member
Gotta back Aldi beer for sharehouse value. Housemate and I would go halfs in an Aldi slab and a stick, then grab a six pack of something special on a friday night. Back then we would sit around till the sun came up listening to/badly playing music. Due to our location we usually had friends constantly dropping in on their way home from pub/work and it was nice to be able to offer them a beer. Many a night was given a second wind due to Aldi beer. The boags rip off did the job.
Also my 5 year old aldi bike tools in the back of the car have saved me more times then i can remember.

andrew9

Likes Dirt
The Aldi Tiramisu is very nice, one of the best anywhere. Presentation can be a bit avarage because you have to wrestle it out of the tray without smashing it.
I don't really shop there though, never found much else to go there for

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I have no issue with aldi products however i dont shop there. I do have an issue with the fanbois. Oh look at my 17,003 piece combination socket set and wifi. Same as the one sold by Porsche just a different box. No it isnt and I dont fucking care. If you are happy great, dont expect me to be whelmed by your enthusiasm.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Just shows we have different experiences I like the beer.
Crane clothes are great.
The bike shoes, bike stand , battery tools , sewing machine and steam cleaners are crap IMO.
Bike tools in a box look OK but would nt put too much force on them, prefer my Kingchrome sockets and Allan keys.

David2406

Blueeeeeeeey's on!
Bought an aldi frozen pizza once, should have eaten the box and thrown out the pizza, it was disgusting

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
We get all our staples at aldi - cereal, flour, pasta, cleaning stuff. About the only thing i go to a normal supermarket for is stuff i cant get at aldi like veggie burgers and promite (vegimite is gross...). Bike shorts of course are awesome. Even got a chainsaw - i was fascinated at the idea of a 4 stroke chainsaw and its surprisingly good!

Most stuff in the centre aisle ive bought is ok, only real fail was a food processor.

The beer is ok not amazing - good for having some cold ones on hand in the fridge on a hot day, buy elsewhere if you want to really enjoy your beer.

aldi never claims to be the best of the best, but for what it is its pretty good.

Staunch

Eats Squid
You have to buy the products that which have just been re-badged from the factory. I've got an ALDI winch on my 4WD (which is a re-badged Ironman one) and it perform as well as most other sub 1k winches. Similarly, when they do their TV deals, they're just a re-badge of one of the major brands. At the end of the day, if they take an already shit product (like their bike stands) and re-badge it then it's a loss from the get go.

Additionally, ALDI beer is straight trash. Alright for a broke 18 year old, but I'd rather pay an extra $10 for a name brand slab and not hate myself all night. I've had enough of it know better.