The last movie you've last watched last

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty

Not a movie but a 6-episode miniseries by David Simon (The Wire) based on the Phillip Roth novel. Facism and antisemitism take hold in the US in the 30s/40s when a populist celebrity president is elected and takes a non-interventionist approach to Hitler’s rise.

Really good, dark stuff that is frightfully real given el Trumpo. Lots of focus on the fear and tension and the fracturing of families rather than flashy explosions and stuff. Worth watching.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
'The Square" , Swedish with lots of English about the nature of modern art and pretensious people.
quite strange only 1 sex scene so rbers may find it boring ?
"The Bookshop "quaint poignant small bigotry , a bit like Yackandandah in the early 80s .
"Her smell " unless you are mental you wont like it.

Hools

Likes Dirt
I watched recently

Red Dragon
This has a solid cast and is a well told story. It has a good pace and enough suspense to keep interest. Key characters could have been developed a little better rather than just relying on cliche. Jodie Foster is hot.

Missouri Breaks
Brando and Nicholson in the same film? Shit yes! Oh how I wish I had not taken for that...this film sucks. The only redeeming feature was a brief cameo by an Airedale terrier.
The original Red Dragon is called Manhunter, directed by Michael Mann. It’s a better film if you can get past the eighties vibe. Worth a look.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The original Red Dragon is called Manhunter, directed by Michael Mann. It’s a better film if you can get past the eighties vibe. Worth a look.
I did come across that info, but haven't watched it. If it turn ups on my questing I'll see how it goes. But I'm all filmed out now I'm free. So it could be a while.

I did watch The Mule some time recently. It was...kind of ok. I liked the concept and some of the telling. But they failed to build suspense and the ending was unfulfilling.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Ralph Breaks the Internet. Not as good as the first but still passable.
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. A good bit of silly fun. I saw it at a special screening where the audience boo'd and cheered.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Nawt a movie, but yeah...fkn love the TD series...over time we've watched S1 then S3 now S2:

Proper storytelling...
If you loved True Detective, find the Banshee series.