What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Since forever. Short stem, wide bars because standing up and trying to carve turns with long stems sucks.
Didn’t you ever rear dirt mag? They knew what was up. Short travel fun bikes, chainguides for every type of bike, short stems and wide bars across the board. Regardless of tt length, it’s about steering feel.
The poor thing has far bigger issues, namely Daniel Hale, than me putting a longer stem on it. I checked the rear sag last night. WITHOUT any riding gear, let alone the tools and shit I carry during the week, it was sitting at 50%. When I get the arse end right I'll look at the front. Explains the reversed angle headset and ridiculously oversized front tyre, he was trying to regain the lack of front end from dropping the arse end so much.

I'd really like to get it back to something like this, not 26" though

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The poor thing has far bigger issues, namely Daniel Hale, than me putting a longer stem on it. I checked the rear sag last night. WITHOUT any riding gear, let alone the tools and shit I carry during the week, it was sitting at 50%. When I get the arse end right I'll look at the front. Explains the reversed angle headset and ridiculously oversized front tyre, he was trying to regain the lack of front end from dropping the arse end so much.

I'd really like to get it back to something like this, not 26" though

View attachment 366838
You really think you'll get a 27.5 in the back? The one Turner I know has a very snug fit on the 26 with a 2.3 maxxis

Cardy George

You really think you'll get a 27.5 in the back? The one Turner I know has a very snug fit on the 26 with a 2.3 maxxis
It's already there, but yes, it's tight. Any more than 35psi (freshly mounted tyre that i firgot to de-pressure) and the tread blocks rub on a 2.1" Maxxis Ignitor

Cardy George

When I sort the gearing out, it's too short as it is without putting a smaller wheel on.

All in due course, lots of things to fix on this bike.