How to How to GoPro.... Bible

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
what type of chesty you running fellah
Genuine GoPro one from when I had the Hero2/3 so quite a few years old. Why do you ask ?

I'm near 50yrs old (47), got many kilos of good food and beer padding me out so the chesty was usually useless as it wobbles with any body fat or developing man boobs... the Hypersmooth 2.0 is miles better than Hypersmooth.
The video from a few days back was regular Hypersmooth.

Mega impressed with Hypersmooth 2.0.

ozzybmx

I was watching a pro MTB youtubers video about settings and he specifically said to use 30fps. Stated that all you're doing is using more storage for no good reason. Slow mo a different story of course.
Yeah Chriso, going to try and find a sweet spot on 30fps, I've watched a few youtube vids similar to your findings. Our TV, Movies are all 24-29fps... it has to be render settings.

binner

Hath shat hymself
Genuine GoPro one from when I had the Hero2/3 so quite a few years old. Why do you ask ?

I'm near 50yrs old (47), got many kilos of good food and beer padding me out so the chesty was usually useless as it wobbles with any body fat or developing man boobs... the Hypersmooth 2.0 is miles better than Hypersmooth.
The video from a few days back was regular Hypersmooth.

Mega impressed with Hypersmooth 2.0.
hahhh, i beat you young fella, 50 soon....... the reason I ask is I use to use the first version gopro chesty that bounced around like tits on a kardashian then I went the version 2 with the larger plate/surface area. I think its a lot more stiffer and better fit ..... for a while i was using a gimble aswell but ditched that once i had a H7 with hypersmooth

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I ended up getting a Hero 8.
Been on 2 rides with it so far. First I ran wide angle in order to use the hypersmooth boost setting. Mega impressed even if the video was a bit off due to poor weather. Wide is not a bad angle for chest mount.

2nd ride I've tried superwide on the max hypersmooth this allows. (cant do boost).
This seems like a good compromise, giving you the wide angle and also allowing the terrain to retain a bit of character from the slightly more movement.

ozzybmx

It's that time of year again.... Listed my Hero8 on the local MTB fakebook page at 2pm today, a bloke picked it up at 6pm.

The Hero9 should drop in about 1-3 weeks. Plenty of info and rumours out there already + leaked shots.

GoPro recently acquired ReelSteady, which develops software for post-production stabilization so rumors are the new Hypersmooth 3.0 is going to be pretty special.

Other rumored upgrades from the Hero 8 are -

Hyperlapse 3.0
TimeWarp 3.0
5k 30/60fps
4K slomo at 120fps
20MP sensor
Front display for easy framing and vlog-style
New GoPro body design
Adopt a ¼-inch thread
A new GP2 chip
Full HD livestreaming
Improved lens options
Relocated USB-C connector
Feature a to-the-edge screen
A major software upgrade
Changeable front lense
1720mAh battery, which is almost 41% larger than the current battery found in the GoPro Hero 8 Black at 1220mAh
Use as a webcam

Spotted on Brendogs new vid - https://singletrackworld.com/tech/2020/09/gopro-hero-9-leaked-in-brendan-faircloughs-latest-video/

Minlak

custom titis
I offloaded my 7 the other day as I am a little over YouTube and I knew the 9 was coming - hopefully they stick to the regular pricing I might pick up a 9 when they drop

ozzybmx

I offloaded my 7 the other day as I am a little over YouTube and I knew the 9 was coming - hopefully they stick to the regular pricing I might pick up a 9 when they drop
Expecting $599au, same as the Hero 8 (apart from GoPros mess up on my pre order with a bonus 25% off) https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-gopro-bible.314213/page-5#post-3277942

There's a few of those upgrades are very welcome, opening the cover to charge leaving the battery ready to fall out was plain stupid.

Could be good...

Minlak

custom titis
Expecting $599au, same as the Hero 8 (apart from GoPros mess up on my pre order with a bonus 25% off) https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-gopro-bible.314213/page-5#post-3277942

There's a few of those upgrades are very welcome, opening the cover to charge leaving the battery ready to fall out was plain stupid.

Could be good...
Yeah I never liked the 8 at all so didn’t bother with it - the 9 is a big enough jump - although they should have gone back to the easy lens change too

ozzybmx

Information I have is that they haven’t it just looks like they did :) - I was excited too when I saw that buy alas no
Could well be, we wont know till it arrives, regardless, we are both Gopro-less now so its Hero 9 or another brand.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I almost made the error of purchasing an 8 the other day. Luckily saw the 9 leaked pics and knew to wait it out..... upgrade from Hero 3 haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tobbogonist

a registered member
Im looking to buy a hero 7 black in the next few weeks. I dont really want to spend any more than $400. If nobody minds me breifly hijacking this thread is there any reason you would advise against the 7. I have a hero 4 but am keen to try the hypersmooth thingy. I am not/nor am i trying to be any type of youtube vlog star. I just like making obnoxious videos and sending them to friends who then feel obliged to watch them.

Minlak

custom titis
Im looking to buy a hero 7 black in the next few weeks. I dont really want to spend any more than $400. If nobody minds me breifly hijacking this thread is there any reason you would advise against the 7. I have a hero 4 but am keen to try the hypersmooth thingy. I am not/nor am i trying to be any type of youtube vlog star. I just like making obnoxious videos and sending them to friends who then feel obliged to watch them.
No reason not to buy a 7 - they do everything they were / are meant to do. The 7 is still popular for the easily replaceable lens as well.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd agree, regardless of how good the Hero 9 might be there is certainly nothing wrong with the 7 / 8.
Will be more than enough for most of us hacks.

I was a little annoyed about the no replaceable lens on the 8, But I have purchased a 'roll cage' which has a lens cover and covers the body in a rubber sleeve. Has done a good job so far.

I also got the full dive housing for if it gets really mucky, but you do lose a fare bit of sound quality.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Anyone else with a Fox proframe like to share diy mounting ideas they have used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk