MTB shoes

I prefer the following characteristics in an MTB shoe

• When clipped I want max stiffness for power transmission and improved platform on the pedals

• When clipped I want more stiffness then a flat shoe, but I’m not a roadie.

• When on flats I prefer stiffness to grip, but grip is still important. Walking is for whimps

• When on Flats I prefer max grip, but prefer to be able to walk when not pedalling.

• When on Flats I want max grip and moderate stiffness. Goldilocks

• I don’t wear shoes, the leather soles of my feet grip nice

Results are only viewable after voting.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not much different I suspect - it was so fast i was still on the bike when I hit the ground... That’s pedal strikes for you, it’s over before you know what happened!
I prefer to imagine the bike stuck to your feet and mayhem.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
I'll go by the general vibe of the thread that nobody here wants to read about my Northwave Ghost XCM experiences (which have been positive)
I ended up getting a pair of these.
Yes, they are stiff and light. Took a while but have molded to the shape of my foot nicely. Next shoe will be the updated model....if I can get them

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I ended up getting a pair of these.
Yes, they are stiff and light. Took a while but have molded to the shape of my foot nicely. Next shoe will be the updated model....if I can get them
Are you sure that your foot hasn't molded to the shape of the shoe?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
What the fuck? I put these in the cart this arvo, got busy with work, nek minnit! Yes, they are now $219.95 at checkout. Sending off an email right now.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Sure it's not a sizing thing? The fact that mtbd even charge different prices for different colours or sizes of the same product is criminal.
Nah because the size I had was the same at checkout and the price had jumped. Actually went back to the product page see how much "on special" they were because the Mrs asked if they were on special. Hopefully they're reasonable about it otherwise I'll just go to Bike Bug and wait a bit longer.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
What the fuck? I put these in the cart this arvo, got busy with work, nek minnit! Yes, they are now $219.95 at checkout. Sending off an email right now.
The MTB Direct peeps got back to me, they had made some price adjustments across a bunch of products and I was unlucky with this one, so they gave me $40 store credit to bring it back to the original discount. I added a bottle of mineral oil which I'd almost forgotten, checked out and my shoes and stuff are on the way. Great customer service.

On the different prices for different styles/sizes, it seems a lot of places do it. I guess when they buy a bunch of stock and nobody likes a particular style/size they clear it out at lower prices.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sure it's not a sizing thing? The fact that mtbd even charge different prices for different colours or sizes of the same product is criminal.
Oh I have a lot of bad words to say about those guys...I recently saw some shoes on their site that were on sale, half price even! Open shoes up and the sale price, the only price they displayed prior to selecting the colour and size relevant to me, was for a pair of very unattractive coloured shoes that were out of stock. Fuck those guys and their bullshit. I know a lot of people on here like to suck them off because go Australia but fuck them. They run a lot of very dubious promotions.

And I miss the Mentos days.

teK--

Eats Squid
Oh I have a lot of bad words to say about those guys...I recently saw some shoes on their site that were on sale, half price even! Open shoes up and the sale price, the only price they displayed prior to selecting the colour and size relevant to me, was for a pair of very unattractive coloured shoes that were out of stock. Fuck those guys and their bullshit. I know a lot of people on here like to suck them off because go Australia but fuck them. They run a lot of very dubious promotions.

And I miss the Mentos days.
Yah they were ace when they started and were trying to get a leg up on the market, but you'd get more action from a nun nowadays.

They had a public post asking for feedback one day. I said how about when you have a sale actually have all sizes and colours on sale? No reply no surprise.

teK--

Eats Squid
The MTB Direct peeps got back to me, they had made some price adjustments across a bunch of products and I was unlucky with this one, so they gave me $40 store credit to bring it back to the original discount. I added a bottle of mineral oil which I'd almost forgotten, checked out and my shoes and stuff are on the way. Great customer service.

On the different prices for different styles/sizes, it seems a lot of places do it. I guess when they buy a bunch of stock and nobody likes a particular style/size they clear it out at lower prices.
Yeah I get that part about running out the shit colours and sizes, but their click bait bullshit with the "from... " prices pisses everyone off especially when they include it in their weekly newsletters.

They have a great service team and cannot fault them.. this is obviously a directive from their owners and investors who are getting really greedy now.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah I get that part about running out the shit colours and sizes, but their click bait bullshit with the "from... " prices pisses everyone off especially when they include it in their weekly newsletters.
Agreed it annoys me so much I don't click on their site unless I am desperate.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Yeah the Google clickbait shit includes ebay, CRC , Wiggle , MBDirect, its such a blatant time waster.
Not sure how many get sucked in but makes me more determined .

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

Lucky. I had this happen with a helmet but they wouldn’t budge on changing price. Said the wholesaler changed the price and they had to increase the price all in the space of a few hours. I rarely buy from them these days.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Shoes arrived, they are sick. I put them on to bed them in, so wide, wider than my wide SPD's, so comfortable, no bedding in needed. For reference, I stuffed the old ones with cloth when they came because even the wide weren't wide enough.

Can't wait to wear them this weekend on the old Avanti with flats. They have the snowboardy laces too. I'm well stoked.