What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Jpez

Down on the left!
On the plus side...I can ride Cressy just fine. I don't remember ever crashing on it.
Crashing on Cressy is a right of passage. If you haven’t stacked on cressy then you’re not a bona fide Youis rider haha.
You won’t remember the crash next time you go down but you will remember that you crashed. That always takes me a little to get past.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got 40 mins on the roadie before the rain came in.

I'm certainly a couple of notches on Cresseys post.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Looked at the sky, no predicted rain so grabbed my bike and smashed out the front gate like a 12 year old hooligan. Next doors driveway I pop up off the concrete curb bit and land my on rear urban use Ardent race on the downslope of the driveway slightly wonk, which slid out on the wet concrete, bike suddenly wants to go completely sideways, I jam out a foot in one beautifully fluid movement( in my mind) and slide down to the gutter where somehow I found myself vertical again and still moving at full pace! Haha.
It would have been just a little embarrassing if I had only got to the next door neighbors driveway before I stacked the bloody thing.
Down the road from me is this weird old stretch of shops mostly abandoned. Used to service the now gone station for the Mobil Refinery. This old van ( @binner )is always parked out front and adds to the whole weird ambience of the place. The ban is parked out the front of this old butcher with boarded up windows and 30 years of dust. Locals say he still sells meat from there. Weird.
th

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ all I see is retail hot spot for new neighbourhood shops!

Make it a rock, or we'll end up cutting all the trees down! :p
Or a rock pile...chip your initials and the date on a rock and add it to the pile. Build it up like a cairn near the car park.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It’s a dead zone. Died a slow death when they took the station away.
It's waiting a rebirth through bespoke artisan traders! Well probably not right now, stage 4 isn't too good for new business. Around my turf that would be on the block to be bulldozed into a high rise. We have imagination!

Jpez

Down on the left!
It's waiting a rebirth through bespoke artisan traders! Well probably not right now, stage 4 isn't too good for new business. Around my turf that would be on the block to be bulldozed into a high rise. We have imagination!
All I really see is a row of crack dens. My daughters convinced the strip is haunted and populated by witches.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ha! I reckon if Cressy was a person it would have one of these! I’m 4 of those marks. View attachment 367160
I was on a group ride with a newbie rider having his first go at cressy. He binned it in the first rock garden and lost the front wheel on a berm further down. Second run he binned it in the second rock garden.. We waited for a good 10 minutes at the bottom and he gingerly rolled up to us with blood dripping on most limbs.. And that was his day, 2 runs of cressy.. no broken bones but he was finished..

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I was on a group ride with a newbie rider having his first go at cressy. He binned it in the first rock garden and lost the front wheel on a berm further down. Second run he binned it in the second rock garden.. We waited for a good 10 minutes at the bottom and he gingerly rolled up to us with blood dripping on most limbs.. And that was his day, 2 runs of cressy.. no broken bones but he was finished..
I took a newbie mate down it last year, told him at the start, just leave the dropper down until you get to know the track features. Got to the big jump half way down (I took the B-line and made sure he'd seen it to know where to go) then heard the skid, and turned to watch the commotion of bike and rider hitting the deck. He'd got puffed on the flattish section on the lead up, popped the dropper up for some seated pedalling, went too hot into the B-line and binned it face-first into the "lander" upslope when the bike fell away beneath him. He juuuuuust missed going face-first into one of the granite rocks on the side. Took the wind out of his sails a little, and I thought he might've learnt his lesson. Nope! Did it two more times that day... (despite being reminded at the top of each run). :eek:

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Ouch. That middle double can be a bit of a fucker, feels like it’s a bike length too soon after the corner, so you have to commit well beforehand and hit the berm no brakes to clear the gap. Have come awry there once before too when I brake checked like a dummy because of big braking holes and got bucked after tagging the top of the lander. Good ol’ Cressy’s!