BBQ's - Whats the low down - cookers and recipes!!!

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
Recently cleaned 8 year old baby q grill.

It can't be any cleaner without fucking with 8 years of flavour build up which is also natural non stick coating.

Edit: there is zero rust, the brown is the next BBQ flavour enhancers.
Yep, I'd be happy with that grill plate after 8 years. I'm curious though, how often (if ever) do you cook marinated stuff on it? I find I'm often cooking things like chicken skewers, with sugary marinades, which make a mess of the grill.

I've seen you and others talking about not doing any heavy cleaning, but some of the shit marinades leave behind is just nasty. Perhaps I'll have to try to be gentler getting rid of that crap this time around.

stirk

Burner
Yep, I'd be happy with that grill plate after 8 years. I'm curious though, how often (if ever) do you cook marinated stuff on it? I find I'm often cooking things like chicken skewers, with sugary marinades, which make a mess of the grill.

I've seen you and others talking about not doing any heavy cleaning, but some of the shit marinades leave behind is just nasty. Perhaps I'll have to try to be gentler getting rid of that crap this time around.
Many a marinade, sticky, and black char.

I just don't go overboard cleaning with chems. Paper towel wipe done before each cook when the grill warms up and a high pressure hose down every 3 months for the whole shebang. Every now and then I may need to scrub the grill down but only with nylon green scourer. I'm careful not to remove the previous carbon buildup which is a natural non stick surface.

stirk

Burner
My parents just added to my bbq collection with a little 15kg spit!

IMG_20170311_152936.jpg

I now have two weber Q's, a kettle a traveller and now a spit.

Planning has started to build a wood fired oven and lastly I'll get a smoker to complete the BBQ Nirvana.

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
The 20+ year old Weber kettle is still delivering week after week.

I love winter, it means low and slow BBQ time!

The bark on these ribs after 6 hours was amazing.

IMG_20180609_162731744-1336x1002.jpg

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Why all this faffing around when you can just buy a bbq chook at the supermarket?
You can buy coffee from the servo too but you faff plenty with that!

I'm overdue to fire up the smoker, just sucks when you're out of wood, out of beads, then with the meat, it can be $50 and no guarantee I won't turn it into a shoe. Beer tastes good while it cooks though.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Why do I make my own ham, sausages, salami then?
I was actually tempted to get a smoker a while ago to do some of these things. The idea of smoking my own sausage was tempting, but I was not flexible enough.

You can buy coffee from the servo too but you faff plenty with that!
And into it!

What is with our obsession for take away coffee? Was relaxing in the sun today and began to ponder this...so many people standing around waiting for their take away coffee. Surely you've driven to the cafe and waited for it you dont have a few more minutes to enjoy? It's Sunday and Bunnings aren't doing sausage so where are people in such a rush to get to?

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone else use a Kamado? I love it, anything from low and slow 18 hour pulled pork to a 3 minute pizza, it's changed BBQ for me !